What's new

Epsxe and Syphon Filter..?

Whobetta

Umm does SYPHON FILTER 1 work in epsxe? Whenever I play it works ok, until I fail my mission, then the screen fades black and the emulator freezes..I enabled the special DMA fix in the video options but it doesnt do anything...Anyone know?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
When playing from cd, epsxe has a bad problem that it sometimes freezes at certain points. Re-loading and playing past that point again usually solves it.

So for this, save often!

OP
W

Whobetta

Hmm..

I fixed the freezing problem it seems i hadn't check the 'special fixes box' to enable the 'DMA chain fix'. But the other annoying problem is the game often pauses for a few secs, reading stuff from the cd..Does anyone else get this problem?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Hmm..

Whobetta said:
I fixed the freezing problem it seems i hadn't check the 'special fixes box' to enable the 'DMA chain fix'. But the other annoying problem is the game often pauses for a few secs, reading stuff from the cd..Does anyone else get this problem?
Yes, oftenly, the game stops reading from the CD, 'cuz it gas read everything it needs to know. And then, it needs more data, and the CD has to spin up first.

Issue of which can't be fixed.

blizz

to avoid some (by no means all) pauses I suggest using Daemon tools to mount an iso of the game disc on a virtual CDROM drive.