What's new

pj641.4 and 1.5 unusable

newguy

i have a crappy 4meg agp ati rage pro turbo,and i can use pj641.3 and below but since1.4 and 1.5 fir the first time i use either one i can play a game but trying to load another game or use the emulater again it makes the screen flash and then the emulator crashes telling me there was with jabo'sd3d plugin,,if i go back to 1.3 it works fine,i have a 533megahurts celeron with 32megs of ram,can i by pass this error?

Allnatural

Your specs are well below the minimum requirements for PJ64, and N64 emulation in general.

Never the less, your current problem is probably attributed to a lack of DX7 and/or DX7 drivers for your video card. PJ64 v1.4 (and presumably v1.5) includes a DX6 port of Jabo's video plugin. Use that, or get the latest DX and compatible drivers.

OP
N

newguy

i have directx8.1 installed and the latest drivers from ati.com fr my rage proturbo but still the same problem

Allnatural

Have you tried the DX6 plugin anyway? If that doesn't work you could try using the video plugin from v1.3. At least you'll be able to narrow down the problem to either the plugin or the core.

gokuss4

Meh...
dude upgrade your ram. ram is dirt cheap now. $40 for 256mb of ddr pc2100, and thats really good. but since you prolly dont have a mobo that can have ddr supported, get sdram than. upgrade your video card to at least a voodoo3 3000. cause a plugin that is called glide64 can run pretty well even on your specs besides the ram. so here is what you sohuld upgrade starting from importance...

ram: 32mb --> 128mb (at least) 256mb at the most
video card: ATI Rage Pro Turbo 4MB --> Voodoo 3 3000 PCI (or AGP) at the least. try to get a gf2 at the least for an upgrade like that. a geforce 3 is $100 now.

OP
N

newguy

i tryed using pj641.3 d3d plugin but sam error still happens,man looks like i am stuck with using 1.3 only :(

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
gokuss4 said:
dude upgrade your ram. ram is dirt cheap now. $40 for 256mb of ddr pc2100, and thats really good. but since you prolly dont have a mobo that can have ddr supported, get sdram than. upgrade your video card to at least a voodoo3 3000. cause a plugin that is called glide64 can run pretty well even on your specs besides the ram. so here is what you sohuld upgrade starting from importance...

ram: 32mb --> 128mb (at least) 256mb at the most
video card: ATI Rage Pro Turbo 4MB --> Voodoo 3 3000 PCI (or AGP) at the least. try to get a gf2 at the least for an upgrade like that. a geforce 3 is $100 now.
Don't go for Voodoo3. If you're getting a voodoo (which i don't recommend), go for at least 4. Preferly 5.
Otherwise, get yourself a GeForce. They're cheap and good.