What's new

Sorry!

E

emuguy

Id like to apologise to everyone on this forum for the trouble i have caused and i would like it if we could start over. :plain: i would alsolike to apologise for the inappropriate message i posted yesterday with all the swearing. sorry! i will no longer ask questions that i shouldntbeasking and i will obide by the rules at all times. ill also use this post to ask a question cos i realise i have been postingtoo many threads which i apologise for aswell. how come goldeneye is running at only 20-30fps fo rme. i cant seem to make it any better with the instructios in the faq. my specs are: amd athlon xp1600, 1.4ghz, 256mb ram, 40gbhd, 64mb sis onboard shared graphics, 16 bit sis sound(on board i think.)

OP
E

emuguy

and i also gt perfec drk running with perfect graphic etc but the speed suffers a lot. usually at 20-30 fps but can go up to around 50 in small areas. is there anyway to get it running faster

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
both of the games you are playing have high system requirments. I suggest you try these games on 1964. They play faster on there for me at least...:)

OP
E

emuguy

i know they have high end system requirements and my specs are well bove them. there even above the reccomended requirements

Ryoga

Lost
I think that it's kinda misleading, saying that these games have "high system requirements". They really should say that these games require systems that are about 5 - 10 years in the future and that no current system could emulate these games at full speed.
You could improve your performance a bit by turning off all enhancements (like anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering), but until computer memory can be sped up ALOT or they come out with a major breakthrough in the emulator, these games will always play slow.

OP
E

emuguy

i know iv asked this question over and over but i sill cant get sound on pj64. heres the lowdown, perfect dark, turok 3, smash bros, zelda 2 all have no sound whatsoever. goldeneye, mario, turok 1, starfox have sound but it hits and misses. any ideas

OP
E

emuguy

and whatsup with zelda 2 it has dodgy graphics. in the opening cutscene there ar parts of the scenery missing, thecolours on some of the textures look like the contrast hs been turned up, and the fairies are square. ill post a screenshot tommorrow if it is allowed so u can see for ureselvs!

gokuss4

Meh...
emuguy said:
Id like to apologise to everyone on this forum for the trouble i have caused and i would like it if we could start over. :plain: i would alsolike to apologise for the inappropriate message i posted yesterday with all the swearing. sorry! i will no longer ask questions that i shouldntbeasking and i will obide by the rules at all times. ill also use this post to ask a question cos i realise i have been postingtoo many threads which i apologise for aswell. how come goldeneye is running at only 20-30fps fo rme. i cant seem to make it any better with the instructios in the faq. my specs are: amd athlon xp1600, 1.4ghz, 256mb ram, 40gbhd, 64mb sis onboard shared graphics, 16 bit sis sound(on board i think.)

DUH you guys. the onboard video is what the problem is.

dude get a geforce 2 or 3 (gf3 costs $100) or go for a gf4 ti only (do NOT buy an mx version). that shall fix your problem.

Ryoga

Lost
I use Azimer's Audio v.40 Beta 2 as my sound plugin because it seems to play sound much better than any other one that I've tried. If you're having problems with audio then try changing the setting "Send Audio Lists to Audio Plugin" under "Configure RSP Plugin". Its supposed to be unchecked but it couldn't hurt to try.

OP
E

emuguy

why, whats wrong with onboard graphics, every other game is perfect on the graphics side of things, its just zelda

Ryoga

Lost
As a general rule, onboard graphics are crap...

Example: My comp came with onboard graphics too. Using graphics test 3dMark 2000 (too weak to use 2001!) I get a score of 800 w/onboard graphics. Pop in my cheap, low end Radeon card and it becomes 3500.

nudetothis

Emuguy -

youre gonna have to accept it aint gonna be perfect. I've got two directories for files - the ones that are playable and the ones I hope will someday be playable. My system specs are a bit better than yours and there's still plenty of games which I don't consider worth trying to play through because of video or speed problems. Youve got a PC that can play most any PC game on the market and if you just gotta play N64 games then the idea is go buy one. THeyre as cheap now as theyre likely to ever be. Or better yet get the Gamecube. It's a great system and the good games are just starting to happen for it.

Keep messing around with PJ64 and lurking this forum and you'll find some tweaks along the way to improve performance a bit. I agree with the others that you should consider upgrading your video card if you want to get the most out of that PC - the onboard card leans on your CPU.

Finally, its clear you REALLY need to read the PJ64 FAQ. Youre asking about games that everyone else here already knows have problems which are currently incurable.

OP
E

emuguy

do certan graphics cards need to be used with certain chipsets? i have a 810mlr what cards would u reccomend between 70 and 100 quid

OP
E

emuguy

i have 64mb graphics but it is only set to use 32mb in the bios. i took it back to the shop and the bloke changd it from 16mb to 32 cos for some reason i cant enter the bios. if i set it to 64 will it make the graphics better for me in zelda 2? and is th onboard sound the reason i cant get good if any sound through pj64?

LD.

*poke*
If you set the amount of video memory in the BIOS, then it's going to be sucking RAM from your main system pool. NOT a good thing. You say you've got 256Mb in your machine? Well you've only got 224Mb usable right now. If you set it to 64Mb then you'll have only 192Mb. Still respectable, but not as much as you probably need.

SiS chipsets are mostly terrible. I know, I'm suffering with one now. If you've got £100 to spend, do yourself a favor and pick up a Geforce 2. You should be able to find one for under £100. Once you've got one of those installed, you can turn off your onboard graphics and get a healthy speed boost from the extra RAM you've freed up.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
for £100 quid. youre joking arnt you? i paid that 2 years ago for a geforce 2

get a geforce 4mx.prices range from about £86 for the mx420 to £130 for the mx460, 460 being the fastest

i paid £109 for my mx440 whice is just about on par with a geforce 3

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
thinking about it perfect dark is quite acceptable.i get a pretty much rock-solid 50fps (yes ive got the european rom unfortunatly). my pc can reach 130fps with pd but its unplayable though

OP
E

emuguy

what settings/emulators do u use? why is it unplayable at 130fps, too fast?