What's new

R.I.P. my dear friend

CyDEtrakD

ayo,
my n64 quit working not too long ago.. i turn on the power and nothing comes up on the screen.. it sucks cause gauntlet legends isnt perfectly emulated yet on any of the n64 emus to my knowledge.. but altleast most of my other games i own for the system is emulated beautifully.. another thing that sucks is i jsut ordered conkers on ebay and sent off the money order.. i guess its going have to be bartered for some herb from my good friend boodah.. my n64 console will be dearly missed but thank God for all the coders working hard to preserve something i have enjoyed for years. keep up the great work guys.. good lookin out and whoever thought of sharing ideas and ways of improving emulation with other authors of other n64 emulators is a pure genuis..

one,
cydetrakd

Remote

Have you checked all cords? It may sound like a stupid suggestion but I've never heard of a N64 giving up... They haven't been around that long...

OP
CyDEtrakD

CyDEtrakD

ayo

ayo,
i just tried cleaning the console and all my remaining carts.. with some rubbing alchohol and nothing.. tried all the cords.. different cords from a friends.. its ruining my high so i quit fucking with it.. i know its a goner..

one,
cydetrakd

(*_*)MARK

SEE YOU L8TER MASTERB8TER
Try changing the fuse but since your n64 turns on sought of makes my idea kind of pointless. do it anyway:D

MysticHLE

It might also be a power overflow on the adapter. If you'd ever have blackouts...when electricity coming back online, it might had an overflow and ruined the adapter. Use one of those electric meter things and check the output. Just plug in the cord in the jack and measure the voltage on the end attaching to the N64. If nothing on all 6, then it might just be the power supply. In that case, replace it. $25 if I'd recall. ???

thecraft

Alice in Chains Fan
I never seen (or heard of) a N64 that has died out when it's only been out 6 years, although mine is acting up a bit (probably from spending 5/6 of the day playing my fav games.)

So I'd do this:
1. Buy an official (alchohol could harm it) cleaning kit, unplug the 64 and controllers, then clean the 64 itself, plus all the controllers and games of course.
2. If ya got an Expansion Pak, replace it with the Jumper Pak. If you don't have a Exp. Pak, buy another Jumper Pak.
3. Buy another Power Adapter.

If all fails, remove all memory card, rumble paks, and controllers (except the first one) and play a game that you don't play a lot.