What's new

Much of a difference?

garboy

Some One
Is there much of a gfx and speed difference in games between a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128mb than GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128mb?Is there a point in paying $150 more?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
in gfx, not really. But in speed there is a difference. The ti 4200 has a smaller memory bandwidth than the ti 4600 as well as a lower core speed. Maybe you should get the geforce 4 ti 4400.:thumbsup:

OP
G

garboy

Some One
ok sweet...so ill be able to use it smoothly even with new games comin out for a long time?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
A GeForce 2 MX400. it does it all for me because it's better than the intel chipshit that's built into my motherboard.

OP
G

garboy

Some One
Oh...i have a GeForce 2 Ti 64mb right now,but when my bday comes(july 13) im gonna buy a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128mb

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Cool. i bet you by that time, there will be a price drop on all cards since that is around the same time that the matrox parhelia is coming out and that card is going to destroy the competition(meaning nvidia & ati).

OP
G

garboy

Some One
If i got a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128mb...how long would it last?And would i be able to play all games full speed- full settings- full graphics on it?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
1. a few years
2. depends on what game you play. but with that card it should play at full everything i think.

OP
G

garboy

Some One
would i be able to play all games full speed- full settings- full graphics on a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128mb?BTW...my specs are:

AMD AthlonXp 1.53ghz
512MB SDRAM
80GB HDD
17" Monitor
56x CD-ROM Drive
CD-RW Drive
2 Flat-panel speakers w/subwoofer
Microsoft Optical Intellimouse