What's new

P2P users - THIS is what you/we want

Smiff

Emutalk Member
look here's me being an UltraPeer on Gnucleus. (i'm the red dot in the middle). Cool eh.

<deep breath>REALLY free open source rapidly developing gnutella client</deep breath>

http://www.gnucleus.com

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hehe never mind the files, just the network is so purdy. i really dunno what it means at all

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
aw bugger. well as you can see this could entertain me for quite a while.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yay. it's fixing itself

a bigger circle means more files.

now everyone get this and stop using BearShare and all those nasty badly behaved ones.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
here's a cool one, wonder who the dude in the middle is. also i reckon You is not to scale hehe

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i should make a post in Talk of the Town cos we really need to get Joe User on this thing

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
heh how cool is that. (sadly i seem to be alone in my fascination for this prog).

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
COOL!!!!!!
:D

but i never had positive experiences with gnutella

(btw smiff, looks like you're talking to yourself! )

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
nor did i untill i discovered this, it honestly works f**king well once you've taken the time to figure out how to set it up (i needed to forward a port on my router to get good connections). I'm so damn happy that Gnutella can REALLY work (and not just draw pretty pictures, that's just a bonus) i can't tell you.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok i promise to stop posting network topology pics now. and er vs. DC is that Direct Connect? that's not really comparable, that has the whole hub system/min share malarky.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
hehe the pictures also look like something a little kid would draw in paint :)

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Jabo said:
hehe the pictures also look like something a little kid would draw in paint :)

well smiff is a kid right? :D
Maybe you should use PSP instead of paint for drawing smiff :p
almost picasso

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
fascinating fact: Morpheus is just a rip-off of Gnucleus (older less advanced version) with ads n' bollox added.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ah my babies, come to daddy!
This is 80 connections and has no noticeable impact on the performance of my computer... incredible stuff... anyone not using this yet? :)