What's new

N64 Glide Plugin Part 5

LoneRaven

Glide64 Website Guy
I doubt if anyone will mind. Maybe with the new thread will come some more/new news. :thumbsup: Well if not, the plugin is still kicking butt anyways. Keep up the hard work Dave.

:inlove: Glide64 :inlove:

LD.

*poke*
OK, you want news? Taken from the official Glide64 message board at emuxhaven.net

Posted by Dave2001
I still have 3 things I want to have fixed on the plugin before the next release: fog, large textures, and environment mapping.

Give me 1-3 weeks to finish these up & then a week to do the compatibility list, and then hopefully it'll be released.
And before anyone asks, that was posted June 14 :)

Last edited:

gokuss4

Meh...
and of course to add combine modes in newly supported games (for you non beta testers/staff people out there), and missing combine modes in currently supported games.

gokuss4

Meh...
plus dave might be putting in a texture cache look up, which would speed the plugin up even more on parts with a lot of visual stuff i think. everything looks basically the same, except dave has fog in, but it doesn't look correct right now. he now knows how fog works, he just needs to get the values right to even out how thick or thin the fog is in certain games (e.g mario 64 its too thin, zelda 64 its to heavy). than he doesn't know the distances, thats where ogy, and i (sort of). to tell him where the fog starts. ogy has a cd64 and a digital camera, all i have is a digital camera, to show dave what the fog is suppose to look like. but i think it was cpumaster who said the action replay (and even gameshark) can take pics of the game and you can load them on your computer which is even better than taking a pic from the tv with your digicam.

Reznor007

I can make fuly de-interlaced screenshots directly off my N64 using Svideo. That's the best you can do without directly copying the framebuffer.

Gameshark can take a shot of the framebuffer, but I dont know how you would load it on the computer.

Cyberman

Not sure if Dave could use this but Lewpy made use of it

Gilde Driver with SOURCE location There is also a nice tweaker for your 3dFX hardware. The Glide Driver source though will help with textures and some of the more difficult things on the chipsets. It's the source for a glide driver for winXP

Ciao

Cyb

Dave2001

new features

Glide64 finally suports Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del & other such things. :) This is only for PJ64 though, because 1964 doesn't accept my keyboard hook. :(

Also, there is now a message that shows on the window saying "Gfx cannot be drawn in windowed mode, press alt+enter to switch to fullscreen"

you guys are going to just die when you see the new plugin...

Lex

Re: new features

Dave2001 said:
Glide64 finally suports Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del & other such things. :) This is only for PJ64 though, because 1964 doesn't accept my keyboard hook. :(

Also, there is now a message that shows on the window saying "Gfx cannot be drawn in windowed mode, press alt+enter to switch to fullscreen"

you guys are going to just die when you see the new plugin...

Nice, Really nice:D

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ah, I must tempt you even more :p
The plugin's compability has increased like i don't know what to say!
All large textures should have been fixed, and fog is looking OK now.
Soon there's release-time! :D

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Doomulation said:
The plugin's compability has increased like i don't know what to say!

Thats Right... and a treat for People with evoodoo... eVoodoo has gone threw our testing department (*Feels Special*) and a countless number of bugs from evoodoo have been fixed... A massvie speed boost for both evoodoo & Glide64... It is about ready for any task you throw at it. *drool*

LD.

*poke*
*continues to wait patiently whilst trying to haxx0r one of the testers machines to get to the beta code*

Trotterwatch

A massvie speed boost for both evoodoo & Glide64... It is about ready for any task you throw at it. *drool*

Drools........

Great work everyone, is it me, or has N64 Emulation getting exciting again recently? - What with all the progress on Daves plugin, Icepir8s plugin, StrmnNrmns plugin etc + with the great strides various people are making towards emulating previously unemulatable games (Banjo Tooie) the future has never looked so bright.

Dave2001

Good news

I bring good news.

I have submitted the final beta to Ogy so he can make the compatability list. As soon as he is done with this, it will be ready for release. :) :) :)

btw, Ogy estimates that it will take him two weeks to finish.