What's new

Help using TR64 0.5 OpenGL Plugin

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Well I have not been doing N64 emulation very long so please be patient with me. :)

I am using 1964 (the latest one that was removed, WBTW seems to work fine for me) and also PJ64 1.5.

With both EMU's I seem to be able to use Jabo's D3D without any issues other then known ones. When I try to use the new TR64 plugin I either get no video (i.e. Perfect Dark, Scooby-Doo, ..) or I get video with missing and/or messed up textures (i.e. Mario64, Mario Kart, ..). Also it constantly keeps asking for the Ucode to use. I can tell it which one and save in either emulator and within a minute it pops open asking again.

I guess my first question is, Is this normal?

If not, my second question, Anything I can try to look for or do about it?

Here are my system specs if needed

AMD T-Bird 1.2Ghz
Windows XP Home (all updates from MS)
Xtasy GF3 ti200 64MEG (using 29.42 DEt's and also this happend when I had the 28.32's)
768MEG RAM

Any other settings needed let me know.

thanks

icepir8

First off. Pefect Dark ucode support is very buggy. Doesn't Display textures right at all.

Scooby-Doo, I don't have this rom so can't give you any help there.

The only problems that I am arware of are texture behind mario's head messed up, spining stars at level start screen are messed up and piece of nose missing on maio's head. anyothers send me a screen shot please.

PJ64 and TR64 Ogl plugin don't get allong well. The repeated prompt for ucode happens and I have not found the source yet. I do not know how much effort I will continue to put into this as I wish to rewite it compleatly and may not have time for it.

try saving the ucode and then closing the rom.
that seems to work 90% of the time.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Hi, thanks for the reply. I will try your suggestion.

And thanks for putting up with a bit of a n00b on this. I tried finding the info myself but was unsucsessful. All the problems you describe are what I am seeing or is happening. Just wasn't sure if it was normal or just me.

thanks again