What's new

Pj64 Xp!!!

Kanly

Would be nice to see.

Yes I know you can run it with Win 9X compatability

However XP is better :p heh heh

If this happened it might clear up alot of the ATI and OpenGL problems with Radeons also. Seeing how Radeons are really XP built ;)

Kanly

Eagle

aka Alshain
What are you talking about. It runs fine on Windows XP... without compatibility mode. It always has. As a matter of fact it runs better on 2000/XP than Win95/98/ME. Sorry, but this post makes no sense at all.

OP
K

Kanly

No.......

When you run PJ64 in WinXP mode alot of games don't work.

When you run them in Compatabilty mode you are no longer running them with XP code.

There for even though your Windows edition is XP it is not running it in XP code. This can cause problems with Video drivers and such. OpenGL with ATI for example.

I have heard people say that... oh this OpenGL program works fine and oh that game runs great on D3D and blah blah.... However with my ATI card it is crap on some games.

If you have a Radeon 7500 then maybe we can talk on MSN and you can tell me how to make it run "better on 2000/XP than Win95/98/ME"

Thanks for your reply and help :)

Kanly

TrueZxC

i have got a ATI Radeon 8500 graphics card and am running the emulator perfectally with windows XP it also works fine on my Dell laptop with its GeForce 4 64MB graphics card with XP

OP
K

Kanly

Have you played.....

Kirby 64
Megaman 64
Mortal Kombat Trilogy???

If you have played these and they work on your Radeon then maybe you can tell me how. I mean with PJ64 and D3d or OpenGL.

Thanks

Kanly

Eagle

aka Alshain
I don't have a radeon, but until now I've never heard of a problem running any game in 2k or XP. Can anyone else confirm these specific games have problems in XP that they don't have in 98. I know Kirby 64's menu doesn't work on any system. Not sure about the others.

Trotterwatch

Megaman 64 has graphics issues at certain points of the game, which AFAIK is unavoidable.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy is known to be slow on even the fastest of machines (someone mentioned a while back, it was something to do with caching 2D textures/animations).

None of these issues are XP specific. The only reason you need to enable compatability mode at the moment is to address the error to the effect that you don't have enough memory to run the Rom. That is an ATI driver issue, I believe.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah, see thats what I though, PJ64 works fine with XP except for a few driver issues with ATI cards. The problems your thinking of are problems with the entire emu, not just while on XP.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
I use Radeon VE, a card that is lesser than vanilla Radeon. I have no problems with XP and PJ. make sure you get/have the (latest)catalyst driver.