What's new

Icarus!!!

B

Blade64

It seems Icarus have made great progress recently - maybe the future is good for DC emulation!!! Just wondered what everyone thinks!!!

Josep

eyerun4phun
:thumbsup: coolness methinks, other people do too, they just don't notice this part of the forum;)

Josep

eyerun4phun
even thought no one has been writing in this i hope they are still working on the dreamcast emu, i think it'd be really cool to see;)

BladeX

I think that even if a good dreamcast emu happens problems arise because of the GD-ROM - It would only be able to run ISO or copied backups from CD drive!!! The same problem will arise for Gamecube!!! However - The PS2 and X-Box should be bootable direct from a DVD rom drive - me thinks!! can soomeone set me straight on this???

blizz

yup basically you're going to have to run isos, perhaps someone will create a GDROM version of Daemon tools, we shall see

not sure about X-Box games and DVD Drives, I guess that's a wait and see thing.

Vampire

About GD-ROM

I think that even if a good dreamcast emu happens problems arise because of the GD-ROM - It would only be able to run ISO or copied backups from CD drive!!!

We have in RUSSIA all DC Games in CD-ROM !!!
It mades by pirates. It costs ~ 2$

So, welcome to Russia :colgate:

AcidTHC

I read somewhere the other day (I don't remember where) that X-Box Emulatio should be fairly easy as opposed to the other consoles do to the fact that X-Box is a windows (?2000?) based OS, I'm not sure, but is sounds reasonable to me- just my 2 cents

JuGz

Heavy Metal Master
hmm actually also DC emulation should be apparently easy, cause of its OP SYS that's Windows CE (used for palms) and the directx support!

Martin

Administrator
Lets not forget Lord Cheese's Dreamemu - progressing quite nice as well, although possibly a bit slower due to his University work. :)

(btw, Lord Cheese forced me to say that) ;)

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I always worry about DC emulation as not enough people back it - I think more people should encourage Icarus, Dreamemu etc. as Dreamcast emulation would be very nice to see!!!