What's new

Resolution problem

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
See if you can fix this, personally I don't think anyone can, the source of it can be nothing else, but XP which does it all!

You see,
when resolution is set to 640x480 in fullscreen, the screen is streched out so you cannot see the top or bottom. In 32-bit color depth, though, the colors are messed up as well.

This happens in which I know, all emulators, snes as well as Nintendo 64.
I tried to restore a previous point, but as usual, windows complained that nothing had been changed.
Specs and stuff are in the sig.

Any ideas? Personally, I guess the only way to solve this and all future coming problems is to re-format.

Trotterwatch

It is worth mentioning that there are no problems present for me in any emulators, nor in any games.

System specs:

WinXP Pro
Athlon 900mhz
GF3 Ti200 (running latest official drivers, though all work)
Latest Via 4-1 drivers
384 ram
SB Live
Correct driver for monitor, as well as refresh rate fix for graphics.

zorbid

Isn't it possible to tune your screen itself in order to resize the picture?

For the colors, I have a similar problem with some games (i.e. worms world party): the colors are totally fux0red: I have 2 colors, 1 for the background, and 1 for the rest of the scene.

It appeared without any reason I could notice.

Note that this problem appears only in my session. In my brother's the colors are ok. Strange... I suppose I did something wrong, but I don't know what.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

zorbid said:
Isn't it possible to tune your screen itself in order to resize the picture?

For the colors, I have a similar problem with some games (i.e. worms world party): the colors are totally fux0red: I have 2 colors, 1 for the background, and 1 for the rest of the scene.

It appeared without any reason I could notice.

Note that this problem appears only in my session. In my brother's the colors are ok. Strange... I suppose I did something wrong, but I don't know what.
As for the colors, that I don't really mind, since it works OK in playstation.
And tuning up the screen? Hmmm, the result is very ugly still. I'll post a screenshot.

Ummm, issue seems to be even worse than I expected. Trying to do a screenshot with PrntScrn only causes a black screen when pasting it.

Also, there seems to have come some bad textures in pj now. In majora's mask for example, the screen with the n64 logo is yellow. The bottom and top is yellow, too, when the mask comes.

Thank YOU XP!!!

Trotterwatch

Thank YOU XP!!!

How can it be an XP issue? Wouldn't my screenshot also be affected (also done using the Print Screen key)?

Look elsewhere for the problem (ie try completely removing all Emulator settings, all display related settings; with Detonator Destroyer, and install it all again). This is definately not an XP issue - if it is, explain why it works perfectly for me?

Sounds like your graphics card drivers are somewhat messed up to be honest. I doubt the graphics card itself has any relevance in this though.

Trotterwatch

Another picture taken this time it's taken with PJ64 instead of 1964, 640x480 32bit with Sort Independent Antialiasing on, using Jabos DX7 1.40 plugin:

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

Trotterwatch said:

How can it be an XP issue? Wouldn't my screenshot also be affected (also done using the Print Screen key)?

Look elsewhere for the problem (ie try completely removing all Emulator settings, all display related settings; with Detonator Destroyer, and install it all again). This is definately not an XP issue - if it is, explain why it works perfectly for me?

Sounds like your graphics card drivers are somewhat messed up to be honest. I doubt the graphics card itself has any relevance in this though.
Since it all happens on XP, that's why it's XP.
Maybe there's something about it in the drivers. I'll try to change (scroll-back, hehe).

But then...there's a lot of other problems I have, and that's with XP!