What's new

help with system fan

garboy

Some One
when i turn on my comp...my power fan and heatsink fan work but my system fan doesnt...its plugged correctly into the mb...and i think its plugged correctly into the power supply...not sure tho
can someone plz help?

Eagle

aka Alshain
I doubt he wants to go buy another fan.

Are you talking about a chasis fan garboy? Does it plug into a power supply plug or the motherboard?

Trotterwatch

System fans can usually just be plugged straight into a fan header, if you have a spare one available anyways.

If not, just check the standard steps, ie everything plugged in correctly - it's highly unlikely that either the Motherboard or Fan is at fault.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Whats a fan header. Mine plugs into one of the white powersupply plugs, and then has an additional plug for the CMOS' fan monitor that plugs into the mobo.

Trotterwatch

A fan header is the little connector on your motherboard which you can put a fan into. My motherboard has 2 of these, they provide for me around 4watts of power, which is more than enough to power a case fan (my current one takes under 2 I believe).

The good thing about the fan header, is that I don't need to connect the fan to my PSU, also by plugging it into the header, it automatically works with my Motherboard temperature/fan speed censors. Plugging the fan directly into the PSU, means that the fan speed censor wouldn't be able to work.

Check this link out for more details:

http://www.subzeropc.com/article/fantail.htm

Last edited: