What's new

xp ruined my emulation rig

CyDEtrakD

ayo,
i just upgraded from me to xp and it was the worst mistake i made yet. i have the professional edition and it made my direct3d games emulation or not have incorrect screen sizes.. i mean on the left side a screen a bar that stretches from the top to bottom of the screen and is about two inces long appear.. the games fill up my monitor minus that black bar. did anyone have this problem while upgrading from me to xp... opengl works fine but direct3d sucsk.. i have directx 8.1.. i updated the detonators to the newest one.. and i have a geforce2 64mb card.. someone help or atleast lead me in right direction for help.. this is killing me..

one,
cydetrakd

Trotterwatch

If you have upgraded over the top of an old install of ME, there is your problem. Do a fresh reformat (even if you have the update edition, you can still do this).

Also this may sound daft, but I have heard of people doing this. Ensure you actually install the WinXP version of the Detonators, and not the Win9x versions (both have the moniker Detonator XP, which can confuse).

You could also adjust your monitor settings (ie install the correct monitor), you could adjust the horizontal allignment etc Tons of stuff you can do about this.

XP isn't really the problem (it is just something to blame).

LetsGo

Mmmmmm when you installed those video card drivers did you let it "auto stretch" screen size? when i first installed a pny geforce 2 mx400 i had to reinstall it cuz i did not pick that setting and my screen was off in windows Also have you upgraded your GART drivers also?