What's new

[Demul v0.7 alpha 200915] Glitchy gfx / flashing textures

emusa

I tried the following NAOMI2 games, using the latest Demul v0.7 alpha 200915:

- Wild Riders
- Virtua Fighters 4
- Virtua Fighters 4 Final Tuned (GDS-0036F CHD)

With the DX11ng plugin I get nothing but flashing textures, glitchy gfx:

2i1357b.png

ipa4x2.png

o8z6dx.png

All default (GPU) settings; 32 layers, Naomi2 thread, enable translucent join. I extracted the emulator in a new folder, so no old/corrupted cache. I also started the games multiple times, which didn't help at all (so no shader/cache build-up responsible for these glitches).

I use the latest Nvidia WHQL drivers 355.82, no weird problems with former versions of demul. PC specs in my signature.

MetalliC

Demul developer
thanks for report. it is Nvidia specific (for this time :D). needed to investigate what is wrong with them.

superrama

nvidia here are well. Same thing. But for a few seconds I could see that i can finally see the speedometer in initial D and im giddy with excitement. Keep up the great work and hopefully this bug can be fixed.

update: tested it with my other pc with an amd card. Bravo! The speedometer is back for initial d! A while back i asked about it and you said it wouldnt happen without a rewrite, i guess u werent kidding!

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
A while back i asked about it and you said it wouldnt happen without a rewrite, i guess u werent kidding!
yep, that's what happened, some stats:
Total changed lines not including added/deleted files: 10596 (5971(+) 4625(-))
and now we must guess what exactly line(s) of code from this several thousands makes NVidia drivers crazy... :devil: