What's new

P64 1.6/7 constantly freezes when playing games

Stevieb2685

I could have Ocarina of Time loaded and at any given point it will freeze. I have tried using versions 2 and 2.2, but with either one I cannot configure the controller to use it. What can I do to stop the freezing from occurring?

Steve

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Do you have a good ROM? What plugins are you using? Computer specs? Is Project64 2.2 not an option for you?

OP
S

Stevieb2685

Do you have a good ROM? What plugins are you using? Computer specs? Is Project64 2.2 not an option for you?

The ROM was downloaded from a few sites. I tried several copies to see if the problem would be resolved. I am using the plugins in the Emulator. Like I had mentioned, I am unable to configure the controls for any game I try to play using P64 2/2.2. I am using a Retrolink USB controller. I am also using Windows 7. I have tried the 1964 Emu but cannot get it to open. It (1.6/7)/Ocarina of Time)) froze after I fought Big Octo. I had forgotten to save prior to this and then had to start back in Dodongo's Cavern upon which I couldn't make it to where I dropped the bombs in the huge dead Dodongo's eyes to fight Bog Octo.

Steve

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Ah, I see. I thought you meant ROM version 2 or 2.2, for some reason :/ So what you're saying is that the N-Rage input plugin under Project64 2.2 does not recognize your controller at all, right? Does checking the XInput option do anything?

OP
S

Stevieb2685

Ah, I see. I thought you meant ROM version 2 or 2.2, for some reason :/ So what you're saying is that the N-Rage input plugin under Project64 2.2 does not recognize your controller at all, right? Does checking the XInput option do anything?

Nope. I meant P64 V. 2/2.2. Yes, it recognizes it, but I cannot set controls to play games. XInput doesn't really help much either when I try to configure my controller in 2.2. With 2.0, I can set everything except the D-Pad.

Steve