What's new

PS3 + XInput + NRage 2.4.0.4

rehv

Hi! :D

For a bit of context:
I've installed Project 64 2.2.0.3, having modified only Graphics Plugin to Double Buffer v-sync to stop flicker and CTDs on full screen.

I'm trying to play Conker's Bad Fur Day (my N64 is dead), and everything works great, with the exception of XInput. I'm using a PS3 Controller (DS3 Sixaxis) with Better DS3 (v. 1.5.3) and the controller sensitivity is simply too overwhelming. I'm at 0% dead zone on Emulator and 10% on Better DS3, but the problem is the range. The "Use Real N64 Range" is available only when XInput isn't selected, and of course I can't set my controller with that. I'd like to adjust the controller's range "curve" (i.e. min-max), is that possible by any means?

TL;DR;
How can I set the minimum/maximum "range" for analog stick using XInput? It's really hard to aim because I have to move so little to be precise, and if I tilt it goes to the other side of screen too fast.

Obs:
- This only happened on Project 64 so far. Every modern game works as expected.
- I'm using Windows 10, clean install.
- I have configured and triple checked Better DS3 and Control Panel settings.
- I have tried to use different values of dead zone, but IIRC, that isn't the problem.
- If possible, I wouldn't like to use a Controller to Keyboard config, a.k.a. XPadder.

Thanks for your time reading this!

Last edited:

bennyman123abc

Hi! :D

For a bit of context:
I've installed Project 64 2.2.0.3, having modified only Graphics Plugin to Double Buffer v-sync to stop flicker and CTDs on full screen.

I'm trying to play Conker's Bad Fur Day (my N64 is dead), and everything works great, with the exception of XInput. I'm using a PS3 Controller (DS3 Sixaxis) with Better DS3 (v. 1.5.3) and the controller sensitivity is simply too overwhelming. I'm at 0% dead zone on Emulator and 10% on Better DS3, but the problem is the range. The "Use Real N64 Range" is available only when XInput isn't selected, and of course I can't set my controller with that. I'd like to adjust the controller's range "curve" (i.e. min-max), is that possible by any means?

TL;DR;
How can I set the minimum/maximum "range" for analog stick using XInput? It's really hard to aim because I have to move so little to be precise, and if I tilt it goes to the other side of screen too fast.

Obs:
- This only happened on Project 64 so far. Every modern game works as expected.
- I'm using Windows 10, clean install.
- I have configured and triple checked Better DS3 and Control Panel settings.
- I have tried to use different values of dead zone, but IIRC, that isn't the problem.
- If possible, I wouldn't like to use a Controller to Keyboard config, a.k.a. XPadder.

Thanks for your time reading this!

First off, I would like to say, "You're welcome. I am glad to take my time and read posts of problems I have solved myself". And second, WHY ARE YOU USING DS3TOOL WITH BETTERDS3??? Ahem, sorry for that. You should try using SCP Server. That's what I use and I even have a rumble feature with rumble paks on games that support it. Just check the box for "Force Feedback" and that's all you need to get the rumble pak working for GAMES THAT SUPPORT IT! Happy Emulating! :happy:

-Ben

AzimuthFE

First off, I would like to say, "You're welcome. I am glad to take my time and read posts of problems I have solved myself". And second, WHY ARE YOU USING DS3TOOL WITH BETTERDS3??? Ahem, sorry for that. You should try using SCP Server. That's what I use and I even have a rumble feature with rumble paks on games that support it. Just check the box for "Force Feedback" and that's all you need to get the rumble pak working for GAMES THAT SUPPORT IT! Happy Emulating! :happy:

-Ben

Hi, there!

Can I ask how you set up the rumble with SCP Server? What plugins emu version are you using? I am using PJ64 2.2.0.3 with NRage 2.4.0.4 and I don't have a checkbox for force feedback. Under the devices tab I just have Force Feedback Device and a drop-down menu that just says "None".