What's new

Smashing the brothers

Nameless

Now, let's see. I have a Super Smash Bros. rom that I thought was bad 'cause it wouldn't load on pj64 1.3. But yesterday I tried it on 1964 7.1 and it worked smoothly (without sound). So, I'm wondering......Pj64 is supposed to run that game with no problems but when I try it, all I get is the "Executing from non maped space" error. Any ideas why this is happening and how to solve it?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Nameless said:
Now, let's see. I have a Super Smash Bros. rom that I thought was bad 'cause it wouldn't load on pj64 1.3. But yesterday I tried it on 1964 7.1 and it worked smoothly (without sound). So, I'm wondering......Pj64 is supposed to run that game with no problems but when I try it, all I get is the "Executing from non maped space" error. Any ideas why this is happening and how to solve it?
Check if it's a good rom. That's probably the reason.
Check my faq for how to do it if you don't know.
If it's a bad rom, then get yourself another one or continue playing on 1964.

OP
N

Nameless

Thanks guys. One question, how can a bad rom work with one emulator and not work with the other?:devil:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
It would be possible to make PJ boot some kinds of bad ROM but do we really want it to... I dont think so... you should only be using good ROMs, thats about all there is to it... remember there are patches to fix most bad ROMs (on my site).