What's new

Using Djipis pack with Master Quest and speed issues.

emd023

I have tried to get ROM renamer up and running but im getting errors when running it. Are there any other ways to get this pack running with Master Quest?

F

Fanatic 64

Use the (U) [!] or (E) [!] ROMs. You can't rename textures inside a DAT.

OP
E

emd023

awesome. Thanks. Its running at double speed for some reason. What can I do to fix this?

nevermind. I think it was just the rom.

Last edited:
OP
E

emd023

I know this is off topic a bit but I dont want to create a new thread everytime I have a question lol.

I have Djipis pack up and running but sometimes it will get bogged down in certain areas. I mean VERY slow. the fps and the vi/s will drop to single digits. I have a fairly high end PC so i dont think this could be the issue. Could it be the ROM file? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

cartisdm

I know this is off topic a bit but I dont want to create a new thread everytime I have a question lol.

I have Djipis pack up and running but sometimes it will get bogged down in certain areas. I mean VERY slow. the fps and the vi/s will drop to single digits. I have a fairly high end PC so i dont think this could be the issue. Could it be the ROM file? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Could you post your system specs? "High end" may not always be enough. Shockingly enough, N64 emulation requires some heavy lifting power to run smoothly

Use the (U) [!] or (E) [!] ROMs. You can't rename textures inside a DAT.
Does this mean we can't rename our ROM files if we want to use texture packs? I always clean up my ROM names because they are displayed in a front-end launcher menu. The "(U) [!]" stuff looks ugly.

Clements

What he meant is to only use verified dumps. There are a lot of hacks for Ocarina of Time that mess with things that include, but are not limited to, the internal name (which texture packs rely on to load textures).

Texture packs use up a lot of RAM on the graphics card and some packs can be very large. This could cause a game with a lot of textures to chug if the VRAM runs low, regardless of how good the graphics card normally performs. Texture compression might help a bit if that is the problem.

Might want to also state where the frame drops occur and which plugin you are using (and which version).