What's new

will there ever be a great n64 emu

shadownova

Ive downloaded ever n64 emu out there and most dont work but the one that do have major bugs and only play some rom im wondering if there will every be one that runs all game like the system i mean they have ones for all other cartbass system emus
that run all roms why not n64?

conkerman

conkerman
hey mr newb
how about u be that guy that programs us that 100% perfect emulator. and while you're at it... can you add netplay
conkerman

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yes those 'other cart based systems' would be an order of magnitude (or two) less powerful wouldn't they, and n64 emu programmers aren't an order of magnitude cleverer, so we have a discrepancy that even the most dimwitted should be able to spot.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
shadownova said:
Ive downloaded ever n64 emu out there and most dont work but the one that do have major bugs and only play some rom im wondering if there will every be one that runs all game like the system i mean they have ones for all other cartbass system emus
that run all roms why not n64?

Ehem...

WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE INSULTING N64 EMU AUTHORS!??!?!?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH TIME, BLOOD AND SWEAT THESE PPL PUT INTO THIS WORK?!?!?!?! AS FAR AS I AM CONSERNED, YOU ARE A LOWLIFE, INSIGNIFICANT, VAGINAL CLUSTER FUCK!!!!! DO DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO INSULT OTHER PPLS WORK! HERES AN IDEA, WHATS YOUR SPECS? IS THE ROM GOOD? WHY DIDNT YOU JUST REPORT THE FUCKING PROBLEM!?!?! INSTEAD OF ME WAISTING MY TIME FLAMMING YOUR ASS, I COULD BE HELPING YOU HOW TO USE THE DAMN EMULATOR!!! I WANT TO DO US ALL A FAVOR, GRAB A KNIFE FROM YOUR KITCHEN A STAB YOURSELF IN THE NECK AND DIE!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

conkerman

conkerman
not gonna happen for a long time, until everything can be done in lle... i think that that would require a rewrite of zilmar spec and since zil has left, someone really dedicated and patient and knowledgeable must do it. lemmy and lac are doing some good stuff... but it wont happen for a while...patience is a virtue...
conkerman

Smiff

Emutalk Member
while we're at it.. they don't have 10x the time, and you don't have 10x the machine...

Reznor007

You could probably get by with 3GHz with a fully LLE emulator using hardware rasterization(like how PSX emus do it) with some optimization. Aaron Giles did a preliminary KI arcade driver for MAME that runs at 25% speed on a P3 933(and that is an R4600)...so an optimized core or ASM would probably work acceptably on 3GHz.

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
I AM CPU MASTER ....FEEL MY WRATH......LOL

I've seen some fuckin stupid posts on my very brief period here, and thought the replys were a bit harsh ,

but this one's fully deserved.

What an absolute tool fuckin idiot

Smiff

Emutalk Member
the point is you need ALL those things

more time
more computer
more skill
more help
more money
more everything

and it's not linear either... difficulty of debugging is something like the square of the number of lines of code... etc it's inconceivable to have an n64 emu that no-one can find faults with, just inconceivable, the whole thing is far far too complicated, ffs, there probably won't ever be a NES emu that's anyone can honestly say is "perfect".

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
DeadRabbit said:
I AM CPU MASTER ....FEEL MY WRATH......LOL

I've seen some fuckin stupid posts on my very brief period here, and thought the replys were a bit harsh ,

but this one's fully deserved.

What an absolute tool fuckin idiot

You know What, Shut the fuck up. I seem to remember a person who was sorta in the exact same situation having no clue about what to do witha N64 Emu...

DeadRabbit said:
Hi guys,

I've just noticed that there is a menu option "RSP settings". When I click on it nothing happens.

What I'd like to know is:

a) What is the RSP, and what is its function ?

b) Does it do nothing when I press it because it's a plugin that I haven't got, or is it something that the authors have put in the program for future use, and just not activated it yet?

c) If it is a plugin, can you tell me which one you'd recommend (or is there only one to choose from ?).

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

My specs:

450mhz amd, 256 mb ram, Voodoo 3 2000

Like most Ppl with a Brain, you decided to ask what to do about your problem instead of bitching about it...

Oh, one more thing...
DeadRabbit said:
I've seen some fuckin stupid posts on my very brief period here, and thought the replys were a bit harsh

Trust me, I have done more harsh posts than this, just over a rom request... :sleepy:

Last edited:

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
CpU MasteR said:

You know What, Shut the fuck up. I seem to remember a person who was sorta in the exact same situation having no clue about what to do witha N64 Emu...

Like most Ppl with a Brain, you decided to ask what to do about your problem instead of bitching about it...

Oh, one more thing...

Trust me, I have done more harsh posts than this, just over a rom request... :sleepy:

i'm not sure which way you're going on this one Cpu,

first you say Shut the fuck up, and then you state that I asked about my problem the correct way and didn't bitch,

I'm a little confused now, were you slagging me, or have I got the wrong end of the stick (which at 4:45 am is highly possible :) )

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
DeadRabbit said:

i'm not sure which way you're going on this one Cpu,

first you say Shut the fuck up, and then you state that I asked about my problem the correct way and didn't bitch,

I'm a little confused now, were you slagging me, or have I got the wrong end of the stick (which at 4:45 am is highly possible :) )

Look, I was using you as an Example of what this Idiot should have done instad of posting this... *Shrugs* :innocent:

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Ahhhhh,

My mistake :)

Like I said it is 4:45 am (4 month old baby's trying to kill me by not sleeping EVER !!!! ).

It's a battle of wills , and think she's winning.