What's new

Malcolm.....help a newbie out, please!!

SkinZ187

in a previous post you wrote:

"Get a copy of 1964, PJ64 and Apollo.

Get a copy of all the plugins.

Copy all the plugins to each of the plugon directories for each individual emulator

Start with out emulation and go through each plug-in.

Find which one works best with your system."

i understand how to do all the first part, but can you explain to me how to start with out emulation and go through each plugin to find which is best with my system. im not sure how to test plugins without starting emulation.

thanks for any and all help

later

SkinZ187

OP
S

SkinZ187

well...first of all, im not asking him which plugins will work best for me. i want to know how i can test different plugins with out starting emualtion. i think thats what malcolm was implying could be done when he wrote this post:

"Get a copy of 1964, PJ64 and Apollo.

Get a copy of all the plugins.

Copy all the plugins to each of the plugon directories for each individual emulator

Start with out emulation and go through each plug-in.

Find which one works best with your system."

id like to learn to test plugins and figure this stuff out on my own. and i'd like to know how to test plugins without starting emulation.

btw, my specs are athlon xp 1800+ processor, 512 mb ddr ram and a radeon 8500 graphics hard which has 64mb ddr ram.

later

SkinZ187

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Well, what I was trying to imply is that everyones computer is different. Even the different programs/games/utilities on your computer can alter the way that an emulator will work.

What I was trying to say in that post is try every plug-in and see which combination works best for you.

Now if you want to test every plug-in follow what I said previously and load a nice big games, like Conkers, Golder-eye or Perfect Dark and see what you get with the different plug-in/emulator combination.

Lates

:)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
theres no easy(ier) way to test the best plugins for your system. start with one set(id recommend pj64 and default everything) and swap one plugin (or the emulator) at a time and see if you notice any differences when you game.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
testing is boring and addictive, once u start, ull neva actually eva play the games again. ull just play them for 5 mins, then try the next ones. best way is start with the obvious game, mario64, if the plugin/emu works well (all textures, everything in place plus the speed is above 60vi/s - remember to uncheck any speed limiters for true speed of the emu).l then try something a little more ambitious, like mario kart 64, and keep going. the best combination would be the fastest plugin, that is most compatible. it sorta depends on the user, some prefer a plugin that is fast, placing compatibility second, others prefer the most compatible placing speed second. if u r also testing emus, then u r looking at similar things, speed and compatibility. ull find most zilmar-spec emus share similar compatibility...each varying slightly, but others are much faster, uve really gotta experiment. its very well ppl advising, but as malcolm said, everyones pc is different, u need to work out wat works best for u.