What's new

i need your help!

Encirp

my comp isn't that good and i was wondering what are some of the games with lower system requirements (ex. mario 64) can you list me a few games and tell me what emulator works best for them
thanx

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi,

I also have a very low-spec machine (until next week..hehehe),

as mentioned above Corn will play mario at a very decent rate.

But don't limit yourself,

1964 seems to be OVERALL faster than PJ64 (but still give PJ a go)

I find that I can get a lot of the games to run at a playable rate by,

1) Turning off sound , unless it's critical for the game (by that I mean choosing the "no sound" option , not just turning off the speakers ;) )

2) Right clicking on a rom and choosing rom settings and then raising the counter factor (most games are not affected up to a CF of 5)

3) Closing down any applications I have running, and any unnecessary background tasks in the task manager.

Resolution within the video plugin does not seem to make a jot of difference like it does in PC games (can anybody tell me why this is ?)

If you wanted to take it a step further and give a maybe very big increase then you could try over-clocking your chip (although I'd make sure you look around on the net first for this step).

Hope this helps you

Good luck :)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
DeadRabbit said:
2) Right clicking on a rom and choosing rom settings and then raising the counter factor (most games are not affected up to a CF of 5)

FYI, This might fuck up some objects in the game if you raise a CF where it is not supposed tobut i do it too :happy:

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
FYI, This might fuck up some objects in the game if you raise a CF where it is not supposed tobut i do it too

True CpU,

I've noticed that the occasional Rom (although very rare) actually refuses to start even if the CF is raised by 1.

I guess he'll have to "suck it and see"

;)

BTW How do you quote just a particular part of a post and not the whole thing ( I just copied and pasted the above from yourself , but obviously it's not the best way ) ?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
DeadRabbit said:
FYI, This might fuck up some objects in the game if you raise a CF where it is not supposed tobut i do it too

True CpU,

I've noticed that the occasional Rom (although very rare) actually refuses to start even if the CF is raised by 1.

I guess he'll have to "suck it and see"

;)

BTW How do you quote just a particular part of a post and not the whole thing ( I just copied and pasted the above from yourself , but obviously it's not the best way ) ?

Thanks in advance :)

hit the Qoute Buuton & edit whats in the brackets
Thier Message [\QUOTE]

Last edited:
OP
E

Encirp

i already used (1964, pj64, and Nemu) i can play mario on Nemu with about 30fps and harvest moon with 30fps i was just wondering what are some of the other games with lower requirements i wanted a few named not what i could do to play them

OP
E

Encirp

whoops i meant 20fps for harvest moon but if i play it on Pj64 or 1964 i can get about 30-35fps out of it but there are those boxes around stuff with jabos plugins and if i put on force blending and walk up to and object it overlaps you so i just use nemu for harvest moon

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Encirp said:
i already used (1964, pj64, and Nemu) i can play mario on Nemu with about 30fps and harvest moon with 30fps i was just wondering what are some of the other games with lower requirements i wanted a few named not what i could do to play them

I really hate to say this to you, becuase you really want to get N64 Games working... Those emus will not work for you because of Lack of CPU Speed, RAM (Maybe?), And a GFX Card. I am going to have to recommend you upgrade or... you use corn but corn doesnt run any modern games, but it runs Super Mario 64 a hell of alot fast than The ones you were trying... Sorry :(

OP
E

Encirp

i most likely will be getting a new comp pretty soon and i want to get ether a PIV or a athlon, but i dont know which and i want 256 ram and a G4 graphics card

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
As cpu said,
those specs will not get far.
The gfx errors are becuase of the gfx card, the lack of speed for your cpu & ram.

A decent computer would be an athlon 1.0 ghz and at least 256 mb ram. Also a GF2 or GF3 gfx card.