What's new

TR64-Ogl plugin ver 0.5 src

icepir8

I am releasing the source for ver 0.5. If you use it in another plugin just acknowlegde TR64 ogl in your credits.

I am going to do complete rewrite of the plugin. I have a few ideas on how to handle some of the problems with the current version.

If anyone fixes the texture loading/caching I would like to see how you do it. The is probably the worst bottleneck in performence.

Cya,

Icepir8

Slougi

I think the biggest problem at the moment is the state load/emulator reset bug, where it won't show anything.

OP
icepir8

icepir8

Slougi said:
I think the biggest problem at the moment is the state load/emulator reset bug, where it won't show anything.

That should work in ver 0.5. I've tested it with TR64 and 1964.

If it still doesn't work with PJ64 or other emus let me know.

crhylove

Banned
hope i'm not stepping in it here, but....

what's new in this release? i'll check it out myself and see what *i* can figure out!!

rhy

oh yeah, and MONDO cool you are releasing source. that's AWESOME! my guess is eventually either tr64 or daedelus plugs will lead the pack.... who knows, though, exciting either way!!

Last edited:

jih2000

Really cool to release source

Yep, really cool to release source,

hopefully others will contribute to the source and help to fix bugs so that your plugin becomes as cool as the 1964 emu that is also open source (and the best n64 emu) :)

You never know, they may make your plugin the official 1964 D3D plugin :)

If i get a day Ill read through your source and see if i can get my head around it :)

MartyMcFly

:cool:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Hey icepir8 i have rewritten some stuff in the caching code and i've got a nice speed up :p
I have only tested with extreme g2.
In my computer with the tr64 0.5 plugin i get 20 fps.
With my modified code i get 45 fps :)

I just have to clean the code a bit and i'll send it to your mail box.

OP
icepir8

icepir8

Re: hope i'm not stepping in it here, but....

crhylove said:
what's new in this release? i'll check it out myself and see what *i* can figure out!!

Well,

1. Changed the swap buffer code. This fixes the flashing in lots of roms. Although it also breaks a few.

2. Fixed the bug where if you close a rom and started another the graphics where screwed. ie. 2D graphics were blocks of color and no 3D grphics visible.

3. added partial support for t1 textures.

4. better CRC of textures. (I think, still need work.)

5. supports mode combine modes.

crhylove

Banned
dude!

that linux screenshot is awesome. i'm thinking of switching to linux full time, rather than upgrading to xp. my only caveat is i'm unsure of cool edit 2.0 performance under linux.

any thoughts? does cool edit 2.0 work under wine? does 1964?

any info would be appreciated.

rhy