What's new

Inserting files into a rom

Turtleman5790

I'm sorry. I know this is probably a really stupid question since everyone else seems to understand it even though I can't locate anything resembling instructions.
I have a folder of files meant to be a patch for Ocarina of Time. These are such files as "npck.c", "npck.dat", "adapt.h", and "mips.h". I also have a rom of Ocarina of Time.
How do I put these two things together? The only other patch I've ever used was a simple PPF, and I can't find anything anywhere on how to use this. Please help this poor newbie...

F

Fanatic 64

Where you got that from? Those seem like source code files. You can't patch that into a ROM.

OP
T

Turtleman5790

Then is there any way to actually play the hack? There isn't a patch file anywhere. And if these aren't for patching, what are they for?
The mod is the new NPC Killing mod. There are a few videos of it ("218 - Ocarina of Terrible" and "219 - Ocarina of Terrible") which link to a Dropbox page for the files. I unfortunately can't link to any of them because the website won't let me post links for some reason.