What's new

light-weight rumbles

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
is there any way to adjust the rumble effect and make it a bit more potent? i have a thrustmaster dual power2 gamepad and the rumbles from pj64 are really poor

Corak

Nintendo gamer
You can adjust rumblestrength with NRage's plugin (http://go.to/Nrage).
I didn't fiddle with this setting ever though since I'm happy with my rumble (real controller) so I can't really tell how good this specific setting works.

Corak

Nintendo gamer
james.miller said:
i dont see any setting for it

N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a

Options -> Configure Controller Plugin: Devices [Tab]: see box "Rumble" options "Constant Force", "Visual Rumble", "Ramp Force", "Direct Rumble" and "Rumble Strength".

But anyway this thread should be moved to General Emulation since it doesn't apply to PJ64 directly.

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
it works but it seams like the signal is too weak. if you know what i mean.is there a way to boost it further?

Corak

Nintendo gamer
james.miller said:
it works but it seams like the signal is too weak. if you know what i mean.is there a way to boost it further?

The manual is unfortunately very incomplete.
Did you try both "Direct Rumble" and "Ramp Force"? Maybe there is some difference. I personally use "Direct Rumble" because this is supposed to be the most precise setting. This is not documented in the manual but it was stated somewhere in the forum.

Maybe you could try changing the force feedback settings of whatever forcefeedback device you have by applying the newest drivers.

N-Rage

na, the manual is complete.. just its the manual for Version 1.60. Dint wrote a maunual for 1.80 yet.
But check the FAQ

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
ive tried both direct rumble and ramp force. both have the same effect.eg. very nearly nothing!

N-Rage

james.miller said:
ive tried both direct rumble and ramp force. both have the same effect.eg. very nearly nothing!

u dont have direct rumble availablr until you use an Adaptoid.
All other modes are via DirectInput and wont ever feel like a real N64. On my Logitech Wingman the Rumble is very strong, on other Gamepads its very weak. The N64-Rumble just doesnt copes well with DirectInput, sorry.

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
is it possible to convert or just amplify the signal in some way. it does work - its just very weak