What's new

Printer problem

Josep

eyerun4phun
When i try to print with my hewlett packard deskjet 932c the printer randomly starts pulling out dozens of papers and prints odd characters like smily faces and really wierd characters that make no sense, anyone have the same problem or know how to fix this? i couldn't remember what website had a good forum for these types of questions so i came here:)

mesman00

What's that...?
same problem

hey, wtf?? i get the same probelm too on the same exact printer, it annoys the heck out of me because its a pain to stop and reset it all. i think maybe it has to do with the drivers?? i'm not sure though, if you figure it out let me know

Macca

well you need to find out if it has always done this. if not then it must be something you've done, formatted recently or installed something, winxp maybe?

best bet is to update the drivers. head over to hp support :D

mesman00

What's that...?
hey, its nothign new, ihave installed winxp lately, but it did it on win98 as well, and there aren't any new drivers to install yet htat i don't have, so im stuck in a hole!

Martin

Administrator
Drivers are quite important. There are no drivers released for my scanner for Win XP, making it useless. Kind of crappy of Mustek to not release new drivers for it. :(

Eagle

aka Alshain
Give it time martin, they might yet. At least you don't have my expensive piece o crap umax scanner, they didn't even release Win2000/ME drivers for it.

blizz

my trackball drivers couldn't cope when I installed SP2 on my box, I had to wait ages for the new drivers, going back to a mouse was a real pain