What's new

Problem installing mupen64plus v2.0

carega

Hello. I'm very new at installing things and understanding commands on linux but somehow I've managed. I'm currently using mupen64plus v1.99 and wanted tu upgrade to v2.0. I donwloaded mupen via ubuntu software center and the upgrade through the google page. I downloaded this version: mupen64plus-bundle-linux32-2.0.

I'm assuming this is a binary distribution (not the source distribution) so I attempted to follow the steps on the README file. I couldn't even begin the installation because I had the following problem:

Code:
Installing Mupen64Plus Binary Bundle to /usr/local
install: no se puede efectuar `stat' sobre «libmupen64plus.so.2.*»: No existe el archivo o el directorio

In English it says something like "cannot use 'stat' on «libmupen64plus.so.2.*»: No such file or directory"

Can anyone help me with this? I'm sure the solution is rather simple but I'm a compete n00b.

Thanks!

V1del

Remove the version you installed from the software center before proceeding, they WILL conflict with eachother. Another note, there is an ubuntu specific build, use that one, ubuntu doesn't ship the necessary libpng yet for the regular build (except if you really have 32bit, in which case you'd have to compile yourself, which is less scary than it sounds)

Where are you trying to execute the installation from? directly from the .tar file? you probably need to extract that to somewhere first.

Alternatively you could upgrade your ubuntu, iirc the 2.0 release is included in the standard repos as of 13.10

Last edited:
OP
C

carega

Yes the system is 32-bit. Where can I get the ubuntu specific build? And how do I compile myself? I extracted the .tar file and then attempted the install.

V1del

Download the 2.0-src-bundle (or simply follow the instructions from https://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/CompilingFromGit for the absolute latest version), and extract that somewhere in your home-directory

Make sure you have the dev packages from https://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/CompilingFromGit (the Requirement packages). On ubuntu this amounts to (no guarantee on package names):

- build-essentials
- libsdl1.2-dev (or 2.0 if thats already available, whats your exact ubuntu version?)
- libpng12-dev
- libfreetype6-dev
- zlib1g-dev
- libsamplerate0-dev
- libboost-all-dev

Afterwards execute the build.sh (with your normal user), if that went well you can execute the install.sh (with sudo), both of these files are included in the source directory

Last edited: