What's new

GeForce + voodoo 1/2

zorbid

A guy suggested in Pj's forum to use both GeForce and voodoo 2 cards in the same computer. Is it technically possible, or was it speculations?

Slougi

zorbid said:
A guy suggested in Pj's forum to use both GeForce and voodoo 2 cards in the same computer. Is it technically possible, or was it speculations?
It's very possible. The voodoo2 is a pass through card, which means that it needs another gfx card to even work.

OP
zorbid

zorbid

I don't know much about voodoo (my last gfx card, before the GeForce, was a s3 virge...).

I assume they are PCI cards. Nothing special is needed to link the voodoo to the main card? And are there drivers for XP (voodoo 1-2)?

Slougi

zorbid said:
I don't know much about voodoo (my last gfx card, before the GeForce, was a s3 virge...).

I assume they are PCI cards. Nothing special is needed to link the voodoo to the main card? And are there drivers for XP (voodoo 1-2)?

Yes the voodoo 1+2 are both pci pass through cards. Voodoo rush was a standalone card though, maybe i switched v1 and voodoo rush around though. Anyway, voodoo 3,4 and 5 are all standalone cards.
The passthrough cards came with a cable taht would go from your 2d card to the voodoo, and the monitor would plug straight into the voodoo card.

I'm not sure about voodoo 2 xp drivers, check www.voodoofiles.com
Last I checked they had some kind of voodoo 2 xp drivers, but as 3dfx is non-existant now...... You know :)