What's new

Any way to fix the calibration for Skyward Sword?

Glitcher

In my previous thread, I stated that Dolphin frequently loses Wiimote calibration for Skyward Sword, causing Link to slash all over the place. I thought there was no solution, but further examination of the Dolphin Wiki states:

The Wiimote will easily lose calibration during swordplay and other rapid movements. There is no true fix for this, but pressing Down on the Wiimote's Dpad will quickly calibrate it (preferably in a menu, but calling Fi will fix it as well). The Toshiba Stack has little if any problem with this issue.

So I downloaded and installed the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. My Bluetooth dongle appears to be made by Toshiba (it's not stated on the package, but it is in the Device Manager), and the Wiimote Plus shows up on the stack's Bluetooth settings just fine, so I assume everything's okay. However, calibration in Skyward Sword hasn't improved; Link still slashes wherever he wants. Is there any real way to fix this?

OP
Glitcher

Glitcher

I have a wireless sensor bar, but it doesn't do jack for the calibration. Even the menu cursor is always stuck in a corner of the screen until I recentre it.