What's new

multimedia

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i'll add more to this later and put links and stuff

software to use for stuff (for people who just want to know what to use by someone who's tried (and uninstalled) just about everything):

encoding mp3s:
LAME
+RazorLame

playing mp3s:
WinAMP (duh!)
+MAD

ripping CDs:
EAC

ripping DVDs:
SmartRipper

playing DVDs:
PowerDVD

playing media files:
ZoomPlayer
+ffdshow

BTW, reason for posting this:
i lurve downloading from you over Kazaa
i hate finding you used Xing to encode your MP3s...
so you see this is really just selfish :)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Smiff: Damn strait, the winamp mad plugin is the shit, finaly somebody on this board knows how to treat their MP3 files. You mind telling me which output plugin you use? Everybody in #emulation64 keeps recommending the crossfaders but they sound like utter crap, I use waveout myself.

I actualy use powerdvd to play back all video media formats that it supports. It will support pretty much any MPEG format, and how. Zoomplayer is more like just a front end, powerdvd can make even the worst mpeg files play nicely.

And lastly for ripping and encoding MP3s, I want to kill every last person that I've downloaded MP3s from who uses real jukebox, or windows media player, both of them use realy crappy codecs on purpose to try and change your mind to use their proprietary formats, and they don't give any options to change to a different codec.

EDIT: for anybody who doesnt know, the mad plugin is free, open source, and GPL'ed, you can download it here: http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/mad-plugin/#install

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
I like WinAmp, but I can't use it while browsing the internet or using any other application. Its always skipping and pausing, and I think its even corrupted a few MP3s while doing this. MediaPlayer plays them flawlessly regardless of what my computer is doing in the foreground. Also, is there a good FREE software to use with LAME. I had been using Media Jukebox, but it disabled itself after a few days.

BTW. Kazaa sux

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see the RazorLame part.

Reznor007

For ripping CD's/encoding MP3 I use Winamp with the mp3 output plugin using the Fraunhauffer Professional mp3 codec at 320k/stereo(no joint stereo crap), and of course, MAD for the decoder. I use either the wave out or the latest directsound output.

And WinMX is better than Kazaa :)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I have to use winmx and kazaa interchangably....I have all of its ad software stripped (go search for kazaa lite)

Eagle: weird, I haven't ever heard of winamp doing that, its the ferarri of all MP3 players. If you compare winamp with the mad plugin to media player side by side you can hear a massive difference. (IMO media player sounds worse than a casette tape)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
"gee wow Smiff, that postprocessing looks weally good!"

also Malcolm i can see that small type ;)