What's new

Problems with Attachments + Opera

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
I am using the great Browser Opera (Version 6.01)...but whenever i download an attachment from an EMutalk Thread (no matter if i simply click on it or use Right click => save as), the save Dialog always shows me "attachment.php"...when i download, the file is always correct (JPEG stays JPEG and a zip stays a zip)....but why doesn't Opera recognize the File Type?
Is there anything you (or I ) can do about it, or ist this an Opera Bug ?

linker

Emutalk Member
Hmm, it works for me...
but you can do this: click the right mouse button over the attachment link, choose copy link address, and paste it in internet explorer... so i.e. will download it for you.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Opera issue?
Why use Opera anyway? IE is built-in to all new OS.
Opera can't handle javascript and stuff like IE can.

OP
Ruesselschnurps

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
Reasons to use Opera:
1.Its not IE & its not made by Microsoft!
2.Opera can handle 40 Forum threads opened at once, IE often crashes when you this...
3.It can easily Resume broken Downloads...
4.It's faster than IE
5.It easier to configure & there are more options..so you can make it really secure !

Doomulation

1.Its not IE & its not made by Microsoft!
Who cares if it's MS!? As long as it works! Duh!

2.Opera can handle 40 Forum threads opened at once, IE often crashes when you this...
Now, why would you like to have that many windows open?

3.It can easily Resume broken Downloads...
IE resumes broken downloads too, or just get a download manager like getright.

4.It's faster than IE
In what way? Starting/shutting down? Who cares about that?

5.It easier to configure & there are more options..so you can make it really secure !
IE's security is good enough.
If IE's hard to configure...just let use the standard settings and a firewall. No harder than that.

2fast4u

Who cares if it's MS!? As long as it works! Duh!

duh ;)

Now, why would you like to have that many windows open?

while using ie to surf the web (emutalk, pr0n sites, n00s), idling / chatting on irc, doing html, gfx in psp, having pj64 open, having winamp running (my sound in games is generally off), .... (insert ur choice here) not only bursts my taskbar (even thou i run a pretty high res) but it crashes ie sometimes. i love opera coz i have it in one task window. hell, i need this comp to work.

IE resumes broken downloads too, or just get a download manager like getright.

*shrug*

In what way? Starting/shutting down? Who cares about that?

loading of pages, young one. the truly significant part in a browser. if u contradict me on that, u haven't tried it.

IE's security is good enough.
If IE's hard to configure...just let use the standard settings and a firewall. No harder than that.

one word: activex

Doomulation

while using ie to surf the web (emutalk, pr0n sites, n00s), idling / chatting on irc, doing html, gfx in psp, having pj64 open, having winamp running (my sound in games is generally off), .... (insert ur choice here) not only bursts my taskbar (even thou i run a pretty high res) but it crashes ie sometimes. i love opera coz i have it in one task window. hell, i need this comp to work.
*shrug*
Then you need to cut down on windows open. Having too many open at once even crash older os:es. Either you surf or play pj.
And close all the annoying popups.

loading of pages, young one. the truly significant part in a browser. if u contradict me on that, u haven't tried it.
*shrug*
It might have one good thing...
but it doesn't matter much if you have broadband (which mostly everyone has today).

*shrug*
(Lol, I seem to love typing that :p )
I've never had problems with 'em in ie so far.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Doomulation

*shrug*
Then you need to cut down on windows open. Having too many open at once even crash older os:es. Either you surf or play pj.

*shrug*
It might have one good thing...
but it doesn't matter much if you have broadband (which mostly everyone has today).

*shrug*
(Lol, I seem to love typing that :p )
I've never had problems with 'em in ie so far.
[/B][/QUOTE]

OP
Ruesselschnurps

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
Harteex said:

oo.... you like that. That's the thing I think is worst with Opera :p
You can easily switch it to the Nasty IE Style, with a new Task for every Window..

Another great thing is that you can configure via hotkey
-ifOpera allows Websites to open new pages (the best pop-up killer i know)
-if it should allow cookies
-play audio/video sequences
-allow javascript & Java-applets

And finally:
On all OS i used (Win95, WIN 98,WIN98 SE & WIN2K) Ie crashed mor often than Opera did

OP
Ruesselschnurps

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
Oh those scripts...okay some Javascripts dont work properly, but (for me) there are more advantages than drawbacks......
I Love my Opera
you like your IE...lets stop that discussion !

Doomulation

Ruesselschnurps said:
Oh those scripts...okay some Javascripts dont work properly, but (for me) there are more advantages than drawbacks......
I Love my Opera
you like your IE...lets stop that discussion !
Lol, I thought we just had...but you brought it on again.

2fast4u

lol too much fanboyism around here :p

and btw ..

*shrug*
Either you surf or play pj.

/me points

i can do all that stuff at once (well kinda u know how that works), believe it or not ;) and popups dont stand a chance in my territory.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Ruesselschnurps said:
I am using the great Browser Opera (Version 6.01)...but whenever i download an attachment from an EMutalk Thread (no matter if i simply click on it or use Right click => save as), the save Dialog always shows me "attachment.php"...when i download, the file is always correct (JPEG stays JPEG and a zip stays a zip)....but why doesn't Opera recognize the File Type?
Is there anything you (or I ) can do about it, or ist this an Opera Bug ?

use a download manager to take care of it. I use FlashGet