What's new

Difference between roms

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Hi,

first this isn't a rom request,

What the difference between 1.0 and 1.1 roms?

Each dump should be te same or not?

Or are those 1.1 versions contain cheat-hacks???

Just wondering....

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

zorbid

1.0, 1.1 , etc, refers to the version of the game, as it does for other programs. They are all official releases. These are most of the time bugs fixes.

For example, the epona glitch in Zelda OOT is present only in v1.0, not in v1.1/1.2.

I know that nes and snes games versions were re-released to cancel the effects of Game Genie codes, because Nintendo doesn't like that kind of device. I don't know if they did the same for the N64.

OP
Falcon4ever

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
But if you buy the game in you shop and dump it how do you know which version you have and WHY are the updating the versions? Cuz carteridge can't be updated...?

zorbid

I don't think that the version number is availlable for the public.

They don't upgrade the cartdriges that are already build. They produce new cartdriges with the upgraded code. Bet they keep selling the old ones that are alraedy produced.

linker

Emutalk Member
(NL)Falcon4ever said:
But if you buy the game in you shop and dump it how do you know which version you have ...?

If you really dump it run goodn64.... it'll show you which version you have.

BTW: I don't think this question should be in the "Emu Coding" section.... somebody please move this thread

Last edited:

neoak

Triforce of Something...
A perfect buggy game is perfect Dark. I have the final version for my N64. It says: "Perfect Dark Version 8.7 final release". Yes! 8.7! Worst than Killer Instinct ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
neoak said:
A perfect buggy game is perfect Dark. I have the final version for my N64. It says: "Perfect Dark Version 8.7 final release". Yes! 8.7! Worst than Killer Instinct ;)
They must've made that up, 'cuz the numbers put into the cartridges does not look like that.
It could usually make up to 1.7, but not 8.7.