What's new

I need help...

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
In My Computer, most of the icons look ok but the problem lies with the control panel. Right now, the control panel has the icon of a printer and i want it back to normal. Can someone help me with this? ??? Thanks in advance...

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
I tried that. The only options that I can pick are open, explore, and create shortcut.

thine_impalor

Local spammer
hmmm.....

i think u have to muck around in the registry for changing that icon......or get a tweaking program available from download.com(comprehensive tweaking programs should DEFINETLY have this option)

Remote

check ms for tweakui or iconbuilder or similar, they all have the possibility of changing icons, regular aswell as system ones...

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
hehe......your cp icon looks like a printer....hehehe

thats some fucked up shit right there

RPGlover12

yeah also happened for me but everything was changed to gta2 icon and sometimes ejay icon and sometimes winamp its a shitty virus i hate it

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
DrKupo said:
it changes the icons. I got it off irc. Tons of icons were changed. it will get worse.
The control panel was the only one that changed. No other icons were changed. One other thing, I wasn't using irc at the time this happened. I had it uninstalled and i haven't downloaded anything from irc either.

DrKupo

Banned
irc is not the only place to get it from. I diden't have it runing at the time when it happend to me i had the warcraft3 beta runing.

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
hey... i got the problem fixed. All i had to do was use a program called e-icons to fix it. I only instaled it to fix the control panel and then uninstalled it. So far everything looks like ther way it did before. here's a pic.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Virus scanner shmirus scanner, I haven't used one in nearly 3 years and I haven't had a single virus, all they are is system resource hogs/money makers for symantec corporation. You just have to be smarter than the people sending you files. More than 3 years ago I used to use virus scanners, I have only had two real virii before, and neither one of them was detected by the scanner.

If you get an email attachment from somebody you never heard of, and it says "this is a very special game, you are the first player, I hope you will enjoy it" and you download and run it, then simply put, you are a moron. It's people like you who fags get a rise out of and decide to create virii for in the first place, and at times I'll have to admit, its pretty funny.

Every 2 weeks or so I go to www.pccillin.com and run their web based scanner just to make sure, it doesnt find nada, and when you arent running it, it goes away, and it doesn't cost a dime, nor do you have to go through warez sites to get a free copy.

And to fix the icon problem, all you have to do is download tweakui, and use the repair icons function. Windows screws up its icon cache a lot (buggy MS crap), so all you have to do is flush it when the wrong icons start to appear.

Last edited:

Macca

very true AlphaWolf. i just formatted and i've now decided to use no scanner, i mean i did never get a virus before so i had notron systemworks just running in the background doing jack. I've saved HD space and unloaded lots of resources :D