PDA

View Full Version : Banjo-Kazooie (FULLY RETEXTURED)

Nikachu
March 22nd, 2013, 22:13
Well... I'm sure no one here knows me. I made this account a few years ago so that I could upload this pack, but I totally chickened out...

This is a FINISHED texture pack that I created for Banjo-Kazooie. Being one of the games that I loved in my childhood, I found it sad that few people had attempted to tackle it. After all, there are a million Zelda OoT retextures out there. I originally made this pack with the intention of just doing enough to prove that I had figured it out. It was going to be an "HD" plastering of just real world textures in place of the existing ones. I suppose that it didn't look too bad, and that I should have stopped as planned, but I got a little obsessive lol

I do not have an official name for this pack, but I would describe it as "painty" with embossing for depth. About 99% of the textures were recycled. By that, I mean that I used the original, enlarged textures as bases for the ones that I created. In this way, the game looks nearly exactly the same as far as style. The textures have all the same details as before. However, I severely edited each one so that the game looks new again. Do to the similarity in look (at least from far away), many of the the pics that I post here won't show enough detail to show just how much of a difference the pack actually makes. Therefore, you'll really only see it by seeing the video, or downloading the file. Sorry, but I cannot make the images larger here.

If you want larger images, then this link should *theoretically* take you to where you can download them:
Before and after pics (folder link)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!1YURDZJC!eJcnWBR***Io8Ds-ZWudHg

The entire game has been retextured (I'd estimate about 95% of all visible textures have been altered). I even changed little details such as the splashes and rings you make in water and even the lines on the backpack (I was REALLY bored...). However, you will see a few from time to time that haven't been touched. This is because I was never even able to find them. In fact, I can honestly say that I don't think the plugin ever even dumped them (I tried, believe me...). The two most noticeable places will likely be Spiral Mountain's grass texture, and nearly every texture in the cinematic of Grunty falling from the tower (why would they even use different textures from the Spiral Mountain ones?!). Aside from those, it will actually be slightly difficult to find something in its original form. All my work was done in Paint.net (with added plugins) except for the start menu font, which was done in Photoshop.

All you should have to do is unzip the file and place it in the plugins folder (I use Rice).

If I have made any mistakes in this posting, feel free to let me know. I'm "new" as far as never having posted here (I think), so please go a bit easy on me. ENJOY!!! :D

Edit: Thanks to DETOMINE and Death-Droid, the full file for the game is here:

Mediafire full game uploaded (direct download)
https://emulationking.com/banjo-kazooie-fully-retextured/

Emulation64\Textures - Multiple parts - Slow download
Banjo-Kazooie Fully Retextured (http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1186/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQQH0ZCfdPQ&fmt=18
I kind of fully expect people to hate the character textures, so it is easy to remove them if you dislike them, just find the "characters" folder and take out what you want. Otherwise, I do honestly feel that some people will like this pack :)

Btw... Stop-n-Swop has also been retextured. I couldn't allow myself to call it finished unless this was done :P

DETOMINE
March 22nd, 2013, 23:42
If I have made any mistakes in this posting, feel free to let me know. I'm "new" as far as never having posted here (I think), so please go a bit easy on me. ENJOY!!! :D
In fact you have a total of 3 posts :D

Also, PLEASE let me know how to upload more. I uploaded this much, then couldn't do anymore. I haven't even gotten the levels uploaded, yet :(
You should use a website such as https://mega.co.nz/ to upload your file(s) (I strongly suggest to make only one big file).

Anyway, it looks very good, thumbs up!

Nikachu
March 22nd, 2013, 23:52
Thank you :) I'll look into that site. Also, I'm currently uploading a video to YouTube of the intro and "Demo" that goes with the intro. Hopefully that'll be up soon :)

NES_player4LIFE
March 23rd, 2013, 03:17
Great job, I hope you don't mind me mirroring it to Death-Droids new site. :D

Nikachu
March 23rd, 2013, 03:27
As long as I receive credit for what I've done, I don't care if it's thrown around or built upon or whatever :)

NES_player4LIFE
March 23rd, 2013, 03:35
We redirect everyone back to the first post in this thread and copy and paste the info from the 1st post.

Nikachu
March 23rd, 2013, 04:30
Sounds good to me.

squall_leonhart
March 23rd, 2013, 06:22
too bad mega is entirely unuseable without installing a plugin.

death--droid
March 23rd, 2013, 09:10
Added direct mediafire download to first post for those who are unable to use mega

Nikachu
March 23rd, 2013, 19:44
Thank you, Death-Droid. Any help as far as making the pack available to everyone is much appreciated :)

NES_player4LIFE
March 23rd, 2013, 20:52
I would also welcome you to post a thread at N64redux.com (http://www.n64redux.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=13)/completed projects.

ExtremeDude2
March 24th, 2013, 14:09
This an amazing texture pack :D, I wish there were more like it :P, thanks for you work :D

Nikachu
March 24th, 2013, 21:39
Thank you :) I may pick retexturing back up as a hobby when I have time :) I actually started on Conker's Bad Fur Day. I got the majority of the main menu and entry screen with the chainsaw done.

Fanatic 64
March 24th, 2013, 22:20
Thank you :) I may pick retexturing back up as a hobby when I have time :) I actually started on Conker's Bad Fur Day. I got the majority of the main menu and entry screen with the chainsaw done.
If you are using Glide64 or the latest Rice Video, make sure texture LOD is off (or else you'll get a texture for every level of trilinear mip-mapping).

Nikachu
March 24th, 2013, 23:03
I use Rice, but I haven't updated it since I first downloaded it (like three or fur years ago <.<). What exactly is LOD?

squall_leonhart
March 24th, 2013, 23:51
If you are using Glide64 or the latest Rice Video, make sure texture LOD is off (or else you'll get a texture for every level of trilinear mip-mapping).

And?
better than popping textures or shimmering.

Remote
March 24th, 2013, 23:57
It looks pretty sweet, it must have been a massive task?

Nikachu
March 25th, 2013, 01:26
Thanks :) And I suppose it was. It took me about eight months overall, but I took about three months off during a short amount of time that I had a life lol It was fun, but extremely tedious. If I somehow got a job doing this, I would be perfectly happy with life :P

Markeerouz
March 27th, 2013, 02:27
too bad mega is entirely unuseable without installing a plugin.
What plugin? i always get Decryption error when downloading from mega, so it would be really helpful.

Nikachu
March 27th, 2013, 02:38
I'm unsure of what plugin this is, as I have never downloaded from the site, but if you want the texture pack there is a different link that you can download it from.

Fanatic 64
March 27th, 2013, 02:39
What plugin? i always get Decryption error when downloading from mega, so it would be really helpful.
This one. (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/mega/)

MuffinSlayer
May 1st, 2013, 07:26
Amazing job. I love this game and it's wonderful that there is a 100% complete texture pack for it.

One issue though:

When I unzip the file (using winrar) in my hires folder, there's an error saying that some of the files names exceed 260 characters, which is apparently not allowed. Is anyone else getting this error when trying to unzip the file? (I'm using FinalGlide64 and Project64 1.7)

Nikachu
May 1st, 2013, 08:17
Amazing job. I love this game and it's wonderful that there is a 100% complete texture pack for it.

One issue though:

When I unzip the file (using winrar) in my hires folder, there's an error saying that some of the files names exceed 260 characters, which is apparently not allowed. Is anyone else getting this error when trying to unzip the file? (I'm using FinalGlide64 and Project64 1.7)

I'm not sure why it would be doing this. Have you tried using Rice? I know some people don't like the pluggin, but that is what I use (I've tried everything to make glide work for me, but my computer rejects it). I'm unsure of what version I use, however, since I haven't updated it in years >.>

NES_player4LIFE
May 1st, 2013, 16:31

One issue though:

Try 7zip.

boshaus
May 6th, 2013, 09:35
wow, this is great. I loved this game as a kid and may have to replay it now. Thanks for taking the time to do this

Amnesia
May 23rd, 2013, 22:34
Guys call me dumb but I can`t find the right folder to put the downloaded files.

Could somebody please send me the complete path to use in Project64 v 2.1?

Thanks!

ExtremeDude2
May 23rd, 2013, 22:39
plugin/GFX/hires_texture

Amnesia
May 23rd, 2013, 22:48
Thanks for the quick answer ExtremeDude2, still not working tough :/

I downloaded the file (496mb) from the two links of the 1st post of this thread. It is a zip with a folder "Banjo-Kazooie" in it and 9 folders inside that one, each folder have suboflders and after digging I get to lots of .PNG files. Is this the right file?

I`m asking because the Ocarina of Time textures I managed to use correctly were 2 .DAT files that I put in the "\Project64 2.1\Textures\Cache" folder.

The path I ended using and is still not working is "\Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\hi_res\Banjo-Kazooie".

Thanks again!

Fanatic 64
May 23rd, 2013, 23:12
Thanks for the quick answer ExtremeDude2, still not working tough :/

I downloaded the file (496mb) from the two links of the 1st post of this thread. It is a zip with a folder "Banjo-Kazooie" in it and 9 folders inside that one, each folder have suboflders and after digging I get to lots of .PNG files. Is this the right file?

I`m asking because the Ocarina of Time textures I managed to use correctly were 2 .DAT files that I put in the "\Project64 2.1\Textures\Cache" folder.

The path I ended using and is still not working is "\Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\hi_res\Banjo-Kazooie".

Thanks again!
You have it wrong. It is Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\Banjo-Kazooie.

Also, make sure you select "Texture Format: Rice" and "Save Texture Cache to Hard Disk" on in Glide64's settings.

Amnesia
May 24th, 2013, 21:58
Hello, I still didn`t manage to use the textures correctly :/

I`m attaching some screenshots of my configs and folders so it will be easier to someone point me my mistake. It seems it is probably something simple that I`m doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

ps: one of the screenshots if of where the files of Zelda Textures are in my project64 folder. I`m showing that because these high res textures are working fine and my logical try was to put the Banjo-Kazooie high res textures in the same folder (didn`t work also).

Fanatic 64
May 24th, 2013, 22:10
Put the "Banjo-Kazooie" folder in the "Project64 2.1\Textures" folder.

Disable "Alternative CRC Calculation" and set "Texture Cache" to 300 MB.

Amnesia
May 25th, 2013, 01:07
Put the "Banjo-Kazooie" folder in the "Project64 2.1\Textures" folder.

Disable "Alternative CRC Calculation" and set "Texture Cache" to 300 MB.

And now it worked! Thanks Fanatic 64 :)

MeagerToots
August 14th, 2013, 02:17
Amazing work Nikachu! You just made my late vacation even more awesome...but now I'm kinda hoping for rainy days so I can stay inside and play Banjo-Kazooie again. :happy: Anyway, thank you so much!

Since there seems to be alot of good feedback and praise, what is the chance of seeing something like this for Banjo-Tooie?

Fanatic 64
August 14th, 2013, 02:34
The author has been inactive ever since the publication of this pack, so it is unlikely we'll see another High Resolution Textures Pack from him.

Nikachu
August 14th, 2013, 04:28
The author has been inactive ever since the publication of this pack, so it is unlikely we'll see another High Resolution Textures Pack from him.

Her... :P And I have replies set to go to my email, since I have already been through most of this site lol

@MeagerToots I would love to continue this into other games, but it is a truly long and teadius process. I originally did this to fill my time between high school and college. I am now currently in college, so it isn't very likely that I will get around to another one of these for a while. I'm also trying to teach myself 3D modeling and programming... so yeah lol. However, I may work on another game in my spare time. It will not be done anytime soon, that's for sure, and it may not even be for Banjo-Tooie. I was actually looking to do Conker's Bad Fur Day next, as it is my favorite game of all time. Thank you for the kind words, though. I will definitely consider continuing my work :)

haloharry97
September 19th, 2013, 17:03
i woud love to see Banjo-Tooie or Conker's Bad Fur Day naxt

Fanatic 64
September 19th, 2013, 20:03
i woud love to see Banjo-Tooie or Conker's Bad Fur Day naxt
See above.

ItsMeMario123
February 24th, 2015, 06:20
Thanks so much for making this wonderful pack!

I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind uploading the .DAT files because for whatever reason there seems to be an error in the \Environment\Walls folder that crashes Project 64 1.6 about 380mb into the loading of the textures. HD Textures work fine other then for whatever reason is a game breaking image for me in there.

Anyhow if someone could upload that file I would REALLY appreciate it. Thank you very much and have a nice day!

NES_player4LIFE
February 24th, 2015, 07:01
Try patching Project64 to use more RAM, see my signature.

ItsMeMario123
February 24th, 2015, 07:15
Try patching Project64 to use more RAM, see my signature.

That worked perfectly!!!

Was working on that all night, had no idea what it could of been!

On a separate note, I am really excited for the new GlideN64 Plugin to come out! Hopefully soon as it really looks to improve N64 emulation as a whole.

Thanks again for your help!

NES_player4LIFE
February 24th, 2015, 07:24
I'm glad that helped.

I know the feeling, but your are all set now. The patch only needs to be applied once per emulator, if you update to a new one be sure to patch it.

It's still a little buggy but I'll tell you what it sure looks good so far.
Stay tuned for updates on the progress, I post a video about every week or so.

Anytime, that's what we're here for!

ItsMeMario123
February 24th, 2015, 07:58
Thanks again to @Nikachu (http://www.emutalk.net/member.php?u=81137) for making this wonderful pack, you did a great job!

tjwoosta
October 9th, 2015, 09:00
Is there a working download link for this somewhere?

I tried the ones from emulation64 and they download but the archives seem to be broken

7zip says "cannot open file 'C:\Users\tj\Desktop\Banjo-Kazooie.part01.rar' as archive" also part 10 is significantly smaller than all the other parts, even 11. Tried re-downloading 3 times.

EDIT: Nevermind Im an idiot, I just found the mediafire link in the OP.

DarKendBoss
March 6th, 2016, 03:37
The links are brokeeeen! D:

NES_player4LIFE
March 7th, 2016, 01:12
What's wrong with http://adf.ly/LSU0r

Nikachu
March 8th, 2016, 04:05
If it comes down to it, I can reupload the pack somewhere else. Turns out I was intelligent at some point and put a backup on my computer lol, though it was likely because I was acually using it to play >.>

My internet is slow as all heck at this house, though. So only ask me to if the links really are broken :/

ANyway, any chance anyone has managed to dump the grass texture from Spiral Mountain? That thing still haunts my dreams... *Shivers*

Nocturne
June 29th, 2017, 18:28
Hey, I was just about to replay my beloved childhood game and thought hey, maybe someone made a texture pack for this. Thank you very much for it! <3
PS: Mediafire link works fine for me if anyone should be wondering. Much love <3

Trighap52
August 20th, 2018, 22:17
The pack is AWESOME although it seems that there's an issue: The water texture doesn't appear and as a result banjo appears flying in the air. Is there a solution?