What's new

A Hacker's Guide to the Nintendo 64

paulscode

I recently launched a Kickstarter campaign to help raise enough money to pre-order some dev-kits for my team to help port Mupen64Plus to the OUYA video game console. To bring in more backers, decided to write an e-book called "A Hacker's Guide to the Nintendo 64", and provide it as an exclusive reward for Mupen64Plus Android Edition supporters! This book will cover some fun projects of various difficulty levels. Topics will include controller modifications and adaptation strategies, how to rip ROMs from your game cartridges, programming your own homebrew N64 games, and a couple arduino projects.

This e-book will also document my attempt to create a hybrid OUYA / N64 controller (with a touchpad on top) that appears like a native OUYA controller to the console. The attempt may not be successful, but either way it should be fun to read about and get ideas from!

If you're interested, please stop by the Kickstarter page and help support the effort if you are able to!

mrmudlord

I am just going to remain silent since we cant have more bans, cant we?

OP
paulscode

paulscode

I'm surprised by the negative reactions - I thought branching to new systems was the point of open-source?

OP
paulscode

paulscode

@mrmudlord, if you meant you were afraid of being banned for what you were going to say that might be against the emutalk forum rules, please stop by my forum at PaulsCode.Com, and vent your concerns there. I promise I won't ban you unless you post racy photos or yourself (ew!) or something like that.

OP
paulscode

paulscode

Given the 2 respondees, I'm surprised that you're surprised.

LOL!! Well, I do try to be polite to folks whenever possible. I would like to hear what their specific concerns are with the project. (--EDIT-- Not so much with Mupen64Plus in general, but with our branch)

Last edited: