What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

need help .cant get ZELDA MASTER QUEST hi res textures to work!

domfather

hay people im new to the fourms and i need help with gettn the zelda master quest hi res textures to work.i have tryd just about everything followd step by step turtorials on the net and i cant get it working :( im using project 64 1.7 here is what i have done with no luck.
i downloaded the aristotles mudford & rice video plugin put the 2 files in GFX plugin folder. (rice video6.1.0 - ricevideostable.dll) and the 2 others in the emulation dir ( MSVCP60D.DLL - msvcrtd.dll) made a new dir in plugins (hires_texture) and within that extracted the master quest textures witch were allready in a folder (ZELDA MASTER QUEST) went into settings changed plugin to aristotles mudford & rice video. clicked options-configure graphic plugin. unticked hide advanced options. whent to texture enhancment tab and checked load hi-res textures if avalible. whent back into settings clicked the directorys tab changed the texture dir to point to hires_texture .i run the game and it just uses the defult textures. i tryd gettin the BMGlib.dll and putting it in the emu dir. still nothing .i dont get it.there is no loading screen with white writing or anything saying that textures are loading.it just loads the game..what am i doing wrong..please i need to get this working:(

tymann23

hay people im new to the fourms and i need help with gettn the zelda master quest hi res textures to work.i have tryd just about everything followd step by step turtorials on the net and i cant get it working :( im using project 64 1.7 here is what i have done with no luck.
i downloaded the aristotles mudford & rice video plugin put the 2 files in GFX plugin folder. (rice video6.1.0 - ricevideostable.dll) and the 2 others in the emulation dir ( MSVCP60D.DLL - msvcrtd.dll) made a new dir in plugins (hires_texture) and within that extracted the master quest textures witch were allready in a folder (ZELDA MASTER QUEST) went into settings changed plugin to aristotles mudford & rice video. clicked options-configure graphic plugin. unticked hide advanced options. whent to texture enhancment tab and checked load hi-res textures if avalible. whent back into settings clicked the directorys tab changed the texture dir to point to hires_texture .i run the game and it just uses the defult textures. i tryd gettin the BMGlib.dll and putting it in the emu dir. still nothing .i dont get it.there is no loading screen with white writing or anything saying that textures are loading.it just loads the game..what am i doing wrong..please i need to get this working:(
There's your problem buddy. With Project64 1.7, you're supposed to put the "hires_texture" folder inside (plugins/GFX). That should fix your problem hopefully.

tymann23

It can be an easy mistake to do. It's only with Project64 1.6 that you place the hires_texture folder directly into just the plugin folder given the fact that the "GFX" folder wasn't implemented with 1.6, but only with 1.7.

OP
D

domfather

thanks for replying.im still having problems though .:( i got an exeption error when loading the game..i tryd complelty uninstalling project 64 1.7 and tryd to do it with project 64 1.6 makin sure the hi res folder was in the plugins dir..that time i got the black screen with the loading textures writing.but then it just crashed saying the emulator stopt working...I have completly unistalld everything and trying a complet reinstall of 1.7 again. this time using just glide64 but i dont no how to enable hi res textures :S do i still need this rice video plugin dll stuff.

update i found a guide saying u have to select rice under format within the texture tab..i have done this but still its not working..no loading screen ..just normal game :(

Last edited:
OP
D

domfather

well im still without hi res textures.. i dont no what to do .i reinstalld project 64 1.7 -replaced and installd all the dlls and everything as stated in my first post. made hires_texture folder in plugins/GFX. i run the game everythihng seems to be working and then afer the loading screen with white text i get this message poping up

Exception
exception caught file D:/My Programs/home/Project64/project 64 1.7/Source/N64 System/C Core/Core interface.cpp Line: 356.......somone help me fix this iv spent a hole day trying to get this to work I just wana play the game with hi res textures allready:(:(

Last edited:

tymann23

well im still without hi res textures.. i dont no what to do .i reinstalld project 64 1.7 -replaced and installd all the dlls and everything as stated in my first post. made hires_texture folder in plugins/GFX. i run the game everythihng seems to be working and then afer the loading screen with white text i get this message poping up

Exception
exception caught file D:/My Programs/home/Project64/project 64 1.7/Source/N64 System/C Core/Core interface.cpp Line: 356.......somone help me fix this iv spent a hole day trying to get this to work I just wana play the game with hi res textures allready:(:(
Sorry for the late reply. I've gotten similar errors before, to be honest at times it can be sort of erratic with the texture loading. Try this plugin, surprisingly I've had the least amount of problems with this plugin http://www.emutalk.net/threads/49671-1964Video-official-DevTalk-amp-Release-thread Also, try restarting your computer, believe it or not, that's helped me a few times. Let me know how it goes.

OP
D

domfather

:( still not working this rice plugin has been a complet desater .i dunno if its me just not understanding how to install it properly with all the proper dlls in the right directerys i followd guids as best as i could following all the steps.but regardles i can not get rice to work propelry.normal mode with no hi res textures there is messd up white lines arond the borders of the screen and the fps are horrible.and when loading hi res textures either i get an expetion error as it gets to 1000 or the emulator just stops working .. jabodirect3d seems to be the only good plug in that works and looks good.just no hi res textures..i managed to get glide64 to load the textres but it dosent display them proplery some are not even present...... dunno whats up dunno how to fix this.i see alot of people are playing the games with hi res texxtures and all but i cant seem to get it workin and iv spend nearly a week trying to do this. :(

Toasty

Sony battery
Since you're using PJ64 1.7, your best bet is to ask for help on the beta board. (Everyone who obtained PJ64 1.7 legitimately will have access to the board.) Most people here do not have PJ64 1.7, so no support is given here.

OP
D

domfather

legitimately? im new to n64 emulation . i dident no u had to pay for the emulator though.i just searched for latest vertion on google and found 1.7
thinking that latest is better but regardles since u guys are here and u use 1.6 can u help me gettin that to work with rice or another plug in that uses hi res textures. i only no of rice and glide64

Last edited: