What's new

Screen sleeps in game.

Urkster

Hi All,

I have only recently started using Mupen64Plus (using version 1.99.4) and I must say I am having a whale of a time! I have really very few problems with it at all, and it runs very slick on my setup.

That setup is a mini-itx build on an I3 with 2Gig, and an Nvidia 210 gfx card. For OS I am using XBMC-live as the primary use is, (or was!) a media centre. I use an XBox360 controller attached to USB for control and it works as well as expected.

Anyway, as the thread title says, my monitor goes to sleep while I am in game. So activity on the Xbox controller does not register with the monitor that the machine is in use. I can wake the screen up by jiggling the mouse about, but by then it's likely I have already died or crashed whatever I was driving!

I have asked the same question over at the XBMC forums but so far no answer, so I thought I’d punt it over here.

Just to be specific it is not the screensaver kicking in, the signal to the monitor stops and the screen goes to sleep as one would expect if some sort of power save option is activating.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Rob

Surkow

"XBMC Live 'Dharma' (10.1) is currently based on the Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS, that is, it is Linux based."

It depends on if 'gnome-screensaver' is causing your monitor to go to sleep. You can simply stop the program or use any of the methods mentioned here and here.

yukon

This would be a function of a frontend program, inhibiting the screensaver. Mupen64Plus is a CLI program that expects a CLI environment, where a frontend would deal with GUI environment issues. I'm not familiar with XBMC, but I did have the same problem with M64Py, so it would make a nice feature request.