What's new

Banjo Tooie compatibility with new version?

Flinston

Hello everyone. I am a Banjo Tooie fan!. It was announced that the new version would support Banjo Tooie game. Is expected to support the game, or is there any technical problem to emulate it?

Congratulations to everybody who made Nemu64 possible! I love you ...:inlove:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
so let me get this straight.. you're saying "You said the new version will support [game]... Will the new version support this game?" Is this some sort of lie detector test or what?

OP
F

Flinston

Hi Smiff,

... please, don't be so oversensitive ;). Lac and Lemmy said: "Alot of work is being done to put certain games on the compatibility list. Two of these games are "Banjo Tooie" and "Conker's Bad Fur Day". I know that this game is difficult to emulate, because of the encryption (and perhaps other difficulties). So, I just wonder if all these problems are solved... And definitely no, this is not a lie detector test.

Bye and thank you for your work!

conkerman

conkerman
there's a protection chip thats hard to emulate... and one of the rules is not to ask about banjo tooie's playability...
conkerman

Grunty

Banjo beat me in my last game,
but he won't be trying that again!
Buy the game? Let's not be rash,
I'm afraid I'm rather short on cash.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Grunty said:
Banjo beat me in my last game,
but he won't be trying that again!
Buy the game? Let's not be rash,
I'm afraid I'm rather short on cash.
Hehe... I like Grunty's old rhimes... a shame she doesn't do it in Banjo-Tooie, though.
We'll see how Banjo-Tooie is when Nemu gets released. Then all our questions will be answered.

Grunty

I couldn't keep it up forever!
Rhyming is a tricky endevour!
From the screenshots the water looks to be clear
but there will be other issues in there, I fear...

Anchel

The Xpaniard
LOL
I also like the BK series, and I'm waiting for the release of the GBA version (grunty's revenge)

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Doomulation said:

Hehe... I like Grunty's old rhimes... a shame she doesn't do it in Banjo-Tooie, though.
We'll see how Banjo-Tooie is when Nemu gets released. Then all our questions will be answered.

maybe that boulder that fell on her head knocked the rhymes out of her o_O........ from the looks of the screen shots, you need not fear for the emulation of banjo tooie may be near....... i wonder how fast nemu emulates now, if they did increase the speed i wonder how? ok well that sucked :plain2: but :nemu: doesnt :)

Last edited:

Grunty

Grunty's machine is really fast
I'll worry about emu speed last.
I just hope they do a good job
for this admittedly lazy slob :)

PS
Your Rhyming style is fairly good
Just be sure you can be understood!

Lemmy

Partially

Banjo works up to a certain point right now. LaC was first creating a lookup table for the copy protection but then he figured out it would be a lot of work to do this for the whole game. so he instead tries to figure out the algorythm that actually works behind those numbers. He is close the perfection but its not 100% yet. The problem basically is that sometimes the protection seems to use a second algorythm which he also figured out already but he does not know, when to use which code.

So I hope its just a matter of time. If not, we'll have to complete that lookup table which is going to take some time and will maybe never be absolutely complete.

Hope that explains it. Bad thing about this is you spend so much work into ONE and only ONE game. Won't help any other games.

Its a similar thing with Rogue Squadron. That game can actually be played in nemu already but there is something important missing: There is no floor. The game uses a heightfield (similar to the old PC game comanche). This heightfield is used in two games: Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo. I am working on those games because its interesting for me to find this stuff out. But it won't increase general compatibility a lot. And the quality of these two game is maybe not even that great.

Anyway....I have just limited time for nemu these days err weeks err months...err...nah months should be enough.

cheers

P.S.: I am one of the lucky guys that had a chance to play Zelda and starfox on the gamecube. Really nice games

Remote

Speaking with rhymes, you are

if you really want to play this game
but it, and stop being lame

pick up the game and lay it on your shelf
and maybe others will think higher of yourself

Anchel

The Xpaniard
YOU PLAYED ZELDA FOR THE GAMECUBE??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How is it??? Do they have a good gameplay??? Are they worth buying??? I wan't to play it NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Grunty

Like I said, I can't afford to buy an N64 game right now. Besides which, if you're such a pure heart, what are you doing here?

PS, thanks for the update Lemmy

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
jvolel said:

maybe that boulder that fell on her head knocked the rhymes out of her o_O........ from the looks of the screen shots, you need not fear for the emulation of banjo tooie may be near....... i wonder how fast nemu emulates now, if they did increase the speed i wonder how? ok well that sucked :plain2: but :nemu: doesnt :)
Talking in rhymes I like, as to see it now that you have.
The reason of why Grunty does not rhyme in the game is,
because her stupid sisters bad of it think! :(
Really stupid I think it was, but maybe rare didn't want to come up with more!

Eh? :happy:

Grunty

That's not bad, I'll admit
But you'll have to try and Rhyme a bit...
Oh and something I have to mention
something funny, caught my attention
A friend of mine, he tried to Rhyme,
but he simply used the same words each time!
I told him so, he wasn't glad
I told him so, his Rhyming was bad

He replied: "well you say my Rhyming is so bad
But I'll kick your ass because my ass is bad"

So I laughed and laughed and told him once more
Until he kicked me out the door.
But Grunty's mind, it works overtime
To get him back, for his awful Rhyme!

B

Blade64

Well this is amazing - the first shots of Banjo-Tooie were posted by Lemmy in July 2001 and still it isn't done - top marks for perseverance. I too really want this game emulated so fingers crossed. No one is anywhere near yet so NEMU will take a true place in history by emulating it!!!

conkerman

conkerman
hate to burst your bubble, but azimer and some other guy are getting there... so other people being " nowhere near" is untrue
conkerman