What's new

Delayed sound on perfect dark

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
no matter what plugin or configuration i use - the sound is always delayed by a second or so. can sombody help????

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
athlon xp 1800+
muse xl soundcard
256mb ram
geforce 4 440mx
80 gb hdd

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i assume ur using all default settings and plugins ('cept input, u need nrage to start it). all ur specs are either equal or greater than mine. i also have win xp...i have no idea why this is happening! :blush:

ok, try the sound plugin called azimer 0.4 beta(1 or 2 is fine). but to get this plugin to work, remember to check 'send audio list to audio plugin' in the RSP plugin.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
pj64er said:
i assume ur using all default settings and plugins ('cept input, u need nrage to start it). all ur specs are either equal or greater than mine. i also have win xp...i have no idea why this is happening! :blush:

ok, try the sound plugin called azimer 0.4 beta(1 or 2 is fine). but to get this plugin to work, remember to check 'send audio list to audio plugin' in the RSP plugin.

no you f**ng don't need N-Rage's plugin to start it christ arggghhhh.

sorry about that.

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
thats what i thought! i think i have tried all the recomended plugins. but ii'll have a look to see if there are any others that will do the trick

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Smiff said:

no you f**ng don't need N-Rage's plugin to start it christ arggghhhh.

sorry about that.

i never switched outta it so i wouldnt know. What was that people said about the mempak thing?

Corak

Nintendo gamer
james.miller said:
thats a good point. how do i get the mempak working?

You have basically 2 options for this.
PJ64 does natively support mempacks so you can let the core handle them or let the controller plugin handle them. I personally use the plugin directly for mempack support because then it should be a little bit easier to re-use PJ64 mempacks in lets say 1964 simply by using the same plugin in both.

Either way you enable it by going to "Options -> Configure Controller Plugin" and look for Controller Pack options (depends on the chosen plugin). Every input plugin should support this.
The reason why NRage's plugin is stated so often is simply because it's the most complete input plugin out there at the moment. It isn't required at all but it certainly is a good choice. :D

But anyway I noticed that pretty much all the games I play use eeprom saves or other internal save formats and don't need the mempack anyway.

Corak

Nintendo gamer
james.miller said:
ah. nice one.thats that sorted then. no ive only gotta sort this slow sound out!

I get by far the best sound by using "Jabo's DirectSound 1.40" and checking "Sync game to Audio" in "Options -> Configure Audio Plugin..."

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
yeah im using jacobs 1.40.but my games runs much faster when sync game to audi is off.with it on its even slower