What's new

wxMupen64Plus 0.2 released

GE Master

Hey, it's been quite some time since I've checked in the scene. Noob question, but is the online support still part of this build? Not sure if the Mupen 64K part of the forum got torched or what. Like I said, been a while.

OP
A

Auria

Hey, it's been quite some time since I've checked in the scene. Noob question, but is the online support still part of this build? Not sure if the Mupen 64K part of the forum got torched or what. Like I said, been a while.

As far as I'm aware the person that worked on networking abandoned his work, so at this time as far as I know there is no support for networking

q00u

Hooray! A free N64 emulator that works on my mac! Rejoice! Now some feedback (this is for the OSX version running under 10.6.8):

1. Still no way to enable GameShark codes? And it looks like the codes file is in there twice under different names. AND the keybinding to *activate* the codes is in there, but no apparent way to *enable* the codes so they can be activated.
2. Are there only 10 State Slots? Because the CurrentStateSlot field under Emulation settings can be incremented higher (I don't know what effect this would have, as a combination of settings caused it to crash when I tried to run a game).
3. Enabling full-screen in the settings crashes 100% of the time. I've tried both Rice and Glide64 plugins. I have two monitors, if that helps.
4. I thought Rumble Pack only worked in Linux? There's a setting for it here though...
5. On Input | Shortcut Keys, I tried to set the Kbd Mapping Fullscreen to Enter (since I don't know what "Key 323" means). This caused an immediate crash. I don't mean _using_ Enter to change to fullscreen mid-game, I mean pressing Enter to map it to the setting. Let's try again... yup, crashed again.
6. The Rice plugin on OSX has some problems when using hi-res texture packs. In Ocarina of Time, for example, the Start/Pause menu takes A) a long time to come up, B) is scrambled and unusable when it finally does come up. I mean, you literally cannot see what is going on. The rest of the game runs *great* though.
7. The ScreenWidth/ScreenHeight settings under Video | General don't seem to do anything.
8. When the game starts, the window is the wrong size (there is a gap on one side).

There might be more, these are just what came up since I downloaded it this morning. Other than these minor issues, it runs great and plays games smooth, which on the Mac is rare indeed. (To contrast, Sixtyforce can fullscreen just fine, and has rumble support, but THE GAMES DON'T WORK (at least, not on Intel Macs)).

the warden

Hi everyone,

I have just released the second version of wxMupen64Plus, my new frontend to mupen64plus.

https://bitbucket.org/auria/wxmupen64plus/wiki/Home

Please test and report :)

Thankyou,

Im trying to get this working. Everything is ok apart from I cant get full screen.

I select full screen in video options but the screen goes black as if it is full screen but the game continues in windowed mode.

Ive looked on the plugin (rice) options ut cant see anything like 1280x800 etc..

Any help?

Thanks

P.S. Im using v0.3 windows combo package on Win 7.

Last edited: