What's new

Conker's Bad Fur Day (U) [!]: missing textures (on bats, cosmetical)

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Ah this game is fun. Ok the camera blows.... :)

I just noticed missing textures pretty far in the game:
(Seems to only affect bats for some reason). It certainly won't affect gameplay and is only really cosmetical.
This is the first real graphical glitch I encountered so far. :D

I'm using
Project64 1.4 with
- Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40 (all critical settings default)
- Jabo's DirectSound 1.40
- N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a

Is this a known bug? It's not mentioned in neither the latest RDB nor the gameFAQ.

:pj64:

OP
Corak

Corak

Nintendo gamer
2bzy4ne1 said:
There's no problem with the bats on Jabo's Direct3D6 1.30 plugin.

Where can I get the 1.30 version of Jabo's plugin? I only have both 1.40 from Direct3D6 and Direct3D7.

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
You will see other missing texture problems immediately after the "Spooky" episode and at the end of the game (and they are not listed at the issues site)!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ok, i can confirm what corak said, theres nothing i can do with 1.4 plugins to fix it. for what F-3582 said, i get this:

(btw, this is pj1.5/jabo1.4gfx/jabo1.4sound/nragev2)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
does anybody else get this?

(btw, both my screenshots are taken, afaik, on default settings.)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
corak, dont use hypersnap, press printscreen to copy the image of the whole screen OR alt-printscreen to copy the image of the current window. paste into ur favorite image editor and edit and save as u like.

the shareware stamp is annoying :plain2:

OP
Corak

Corak

Nintendo gamer
pj64er said:
does anybody else get this?

I first thought I didn't have this small texture bug in the intro. But then loaded up the game again and sure there it is. So yep have the same. I did have this bug occasionally in other scenes as well but it was always very minor. It only occured with moving objects.

F-3582 said:
BTW: It is NOT cosmetical!

Just finished the game today. This scene looked like the pic posted by PJ64er to me.

Jabo said:
this probably goes into the huge list of problems people report but never make their way back to me ... if you like upload some save states to http://issues.pj64.net/upload/upload_form.html

Ok just uploaded a savestate of the bat szene.

Found another but this time very minor bug.
I'm not really sure if this is a bug by the game or from Jabo's plugin. I noticed this both with this green smoke (chapter "Chemical Warfare") and with the small bee swarms.

As you can see in the picture smoke can be seen behind walls if you are close enough.

It's really only a small one and rather helped me with finding the bees than anything...
:D

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Corak said:
As you can see in the picture smoke can be seen behind walls if you are close enough.

It's really only a small one and rather helped me with finding the bees than anything...
:D

ya i get this with a lot a games. mostly smoke effects tho.

OP
Corak

Corak

Nintendo gamer
F-3582 said:

Yes, I also get that in the Matrix scene (BTW: I play the game with 1964, maybe that was my problem...)

Same here with PJ64. But this bug is only there for a flash of a second.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
it actually happens all over the game for me. whenever an object is too close to the camera, it just doesnt show up. i remember in the farm level, the cut-scene with the hanging pitchfork also has this (when conker stands real close to the camera).

now that i remember, the always visible smoke that corak is talking about can also be seen when the cows are shitting, you could see the shit through the cow.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
well, ill tell u its not our system's fault, our specs are completely different (mine is Athlon1.2/Radeon/256ram)

one of u wanna check pj64 1.3?

Slougi

pj64er said:
it actually happens all over the game for me. whenever an object is too close to the camera, it just doesnt show up. i remember in the farm level, the cut-scene with the hanging pitchfork also has this (when conker stands real close to the camera).
This happens in all games, not just conker. It's a limitation of d3d afaik.
now that i remember, the always visible smoke that corak is talking about can also be seen when the cows are shitting, you could see the shit through the cow.
Also happens in many games, try Zelda OoT for example. You'll see this in many places.