What's new

huh????

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
What does this actually do for the games? All it has done for me is bring slowdowns to many games. And another thing, what's the difference between bilinear filtering and antistrophic filtering?

Slougi

what does what do for games? about aniso, try playing a game at 1600x1200 with it on and off.... u'll notice a huge difference in the texture filtering

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
oops.... my mistake. I forgot to say that anti-aliasing was slowing some games down. thanks for the explanation slougi.:D :colgate:

Slougi

anti-aliasing smoothes the edges of polygons and 2d textures. it samples the frame more often and calculates the average pont of each pixel.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
the way i learnt to notice the difference is to play quake III at 800x600 and use the zoom button in any level and look at the jaggies on a wall edge or something, they are real obvious. now switch on AA (highest setting u can) and dont change the resolution. ull notice the gfx look better than before, but now zoom in again on the same level and look at the same wall edge - ull notice the jaggies are smoothed off (although still slightly visible). thats my lil test.