What's new

Mupen64 mouse stops working

mupenftw

Hi,

I tried mupen today and it is awesome except for one thing, when I play goldeneye/perfect dark, the mouse will stop working after some time, 5min or so.

Is there a way to fix this?

Here is my configuration if needed:

[Keyboard]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = True
DPad R = key(100)
DPad L = key(97)
DPad D = key(115)
DPad U = key(119)
Start = key(13)
Z Trig = mouse(1)
B Button = key(114)
A Button = key(113)
C Button R = key(108)
C Button L = key(106)
C Button D = key(107)
C Button U = key(105)
R Trig = mouse(3)
L Trig = mouse(2)
Mempak switch = key(44)
Rumblepak switch = key(46)

I am running mupen64plus core version 1.99.4

thanks in advance.

bump, still looking for a solution

I have enabled the verbose option and looked through the log but there is nothing regarding an error of some kind. Please help.

Edit: forgot to add that the mouse buttons are working, but no the x-y axis rotations

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
You can't expect a answer in just a few hours, this is a forum, not an instant messenger, it could take some time, till you get a satisfactory response from a user that already had the same problem or knows how to deal with such problems.
But the first start could be to post in the corresponding part of the the forum, because you aren't using Mupen64, you are already using the up-to-date and enhanced continuation: Mupen64Plus. I moved it.
I also merged your posts. Double posting without additional information or pushing your own project is not welcome around here.
But in your post is still one big fact missing: do you want to use GE/PD only with the mouse? Than you could probably try a new input plugin, like DarkMan's Input Plugin 4.0b, it's especially designed for First person shooters and mouse usage.
I've attached it to my post.

Attachments

• darkman_dinput40b.zip
    289.1 KB · Views: 225

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Hi,

I tried mupen today and it is awesome except for one thing, when I play goldeneye/perfect dark, the mouse will stop working after some time, 5min or so.

I ran a test with super mario 64 and I was able to replicate the problem, though it took a lot longer than 5 minutes before my mouse x/y axis stopped responding; I think it was about an hour. It may be a problem with the input plugin or with SDL. One thing that you can try is to press 'left control' and 'left alt' together to release the mouse pointer, and then press them again to re-capture the mouse pointer. If that fixes the problem then it's probably an SDL issue. I'll take a look at the input plugin code and see if there's anything obviously wrong with it.

OP
M

mupenftw

You can't expect a answer in just a few hours, this is a forum, not an instant messenger, it could take some time, till you get a satisfactory response from a user that already had the same problem or knows how to deal with such problems.
But the first start could be to post in the corresponding part of the the forum, because you aren't using Mupen64, you are already using the up-to-date and enhanced continuation: Mupen64Plus. I moved it.
I also merged your posts. Double posting without additional information or pushing your own project is not welcome around here.
But in your post is still one big fact missing: do you want to use GE/PD only with the mouse? Than you could probably try a new input plugin, like DarkMan's Input Plugin 4.0b, it's especially designed for First person shooters and mouse usage.
I've attached it to my post.

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry for the double post. To answer your question, I want to use GE/PD with the mouse and the keyboard only.

@Richard42 I tried releasing the mouse and recapturing but the x/y axis were still not working.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Thanks for the suggestion and sorry for the double post. To answer your question, I want to use GE/PD with the mouse and the keyboard only.
Did you tried my attached plugin? It was especially designed for this purpose and should work without problems, but if it also has problem it most probably is a core problem.

OP
M

mupenftw

Sorry for the delay, I had a lot of work. Basically I forgot to mention that I am using Linux and the plugin seems to be only for windows, or maybe I did not check correctly.