What's new

how to run this files

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowcrash

i tried 2 games. F-ZERO and Kirby64 but F-ZERO is a BIN file and Kirby is a RAR file.is there a way to run this files with project64?

Corak

Nintendo gamer
snowcrash said:
i tried 2 games. F-ZERO and Kirby64 but F-ZERO is a BIN file and Kirby is a RAR file.is there a way to run this files with project64?

For RAR check out http://www.rarlab.com and get "WinRar". It's a compression tool like Winzip.

The .bin file is probably already a decompressed rom but the extension is not set correctly. Just download Tool64 here:
http://www.smiff.clara.net/utils/rom.htm
and verify the file format and rename it accordingly to .z64 or .v64.

But before loading any of these with PJ64 make sure you use GoodN64 to verifiy the roms.

OP
S

snowcrash

my kirby works now but i cant make a BIN file to a v64 file.
i downloaded that rom tool but there is no faq about to rename a file.
can u give me a lil step for step explanation?

Rasmus

Banned
bin is a bad format so u need to get a v64 or z64 rom to be sure that it runs properly, if u have problems on where to find good and lots of roms, please email me;)

Corak

Nintendo gamer
snowcrash said:
my kirby works now but i cant make a BIN file to a v64 file.
i downloaded that rom tool but there is no faq about to rename a file.
can u give me a lil step for step explanation?

You will have to download "Tool64" off the site mentioned and see if it's really in z64 or v64 format already. Then you just rename it in explorer (right click, rename, ABC.bin -> ABC.z64). I did never understand why Tool64 didn't offer to rename all files to their correct extensions itself D'oh.

If "Tool64" doesn't recognize the dump format at all, then you really do have a bad dump and you will have to find another source. In most cases people are just too lazy to name the file with the proper extension. It's not unusual to get .rom, .usa, .n64 etc. I didn't get .bin yet though. :)

OP
S

snowcrash

Rasmus said:
bin is a bad format so u need to get a v64 or z64 rom to be sure that it runs properly, if u have problems on where to find good and lots of roms, please email me;)

i did :D :pj64:

Status
Not open for further replies.