What's new

computer problems

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
I have been having this problem with my computer ever since i got my computer. Sometimes, not all the time, when i go to shut down my computer, it doesn't turn itself off. I have to press the power for it to turn off. It's getting real annoying now so i decided to post here to see if someone has an answer for my problem.....:plain2:

Eagle

aka Alshain
It should be a bios option on your motherboard (assumuing you have a standard ATX compliant case & mobo). Most mobos list options to turn off on shut down as well as shut down on power button and power save on power button. I have mine set so that when I push the "soft off" button Windows will shut itself down and then turn the computer off.

Note: Soft off is the power button on the front of a ATX case. The power is routed through the mobo. Hard off is connected directly to the powersupply on the back of the case and when switched off literally cuts power to all systems. Not all cases have a hard off button.

Slougi

Windows 9x based windoze versions have big problems with that sort of stuff, I had the same prob with ME and was not able to fix it.

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
From what you've said, that means that this problem is specific to ME. Maybe its time to upgrade to XP. I'll try your idea too Eagle before thinking of upgrading to XP...

Slougi

Well, I had it set up as Eagle said and it would just sit there with a black screen. Rarely it would shut down succesfully.