What's new

nemu compatable with ati radeon

dirkje123

hello, use to look around here a long time ago,and decided to look again .My question : i had a geforce 1 which played nemu flawless but some time ago i bought an Ati Radeon 8500 ,is nemu working with this card or might i get grafic problems ,the same applies on my new processor instead of an intel celeron 566 i now own an Amd 1400,with 384 pc 133 sdram. Many thanks for your replies

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
I dunno if the 8500 will work well, but Ill tell u that my Radeon (original) did fine. AMDs have no problem with nemu.

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
Yes, many Athlon's before the XP models came along ran on SDRAM motherboards. My Ath1.4GHz is running on a 100MHz SDRAM board, but these days DDR is the norm since it provides much better performance.

Seta-San

Will Work Fine

The Radeon will work perfect. But i would watch for new drivers since ATI drivers are pretty incomplete, actually pretty bad no matter what. Anyway it should work and the Athlon might not work as well as well as a pentium because i think Nemu was optimised for Pentium, i don't know that for sure. But the system will be fine.

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
An Athlon (especially an XP) has all the optimisations of a Pentium 2 and earlier. The XP adds SSE which gives it the same as a Pentium 3. For all intents and purposes, when they say "Optimised for Pentium" it is also optimised for Athlons.

Plus the fact it has 3DNow! from the K6 range chips and 3DNow! 2 as another couple of extension instruction sets.