What's new

Saving on PJ64 not working

Queen_Lolita

I burned an copy of Project 64 and all it's folders for my friend. The PJ64 I burned works perfectly on my computer and on his, it does not save. I had him copy over the contents of the folder and check read-write so, he should be able to write in the folders
Since, this was burned from my copy he can sometimes access my old saves. I can save on my copy perfectly but, he can't. We both have 1.6. He has Windows 7 and I'm running PJ64 with Wine on Ubuntu. Any more things I can check or should I download 1.7 for him?
(ps. PJ64 is reading the correct directory in the settings)

Thanks in advanced!

Flash

Technomage
burned an copy of Project 64 and all it's folders for my friend. The PJ64 I burned works perfectly on my computer and on his, it does not save. I had him copy over the contents of the folder and check read-write so, he should be able to write in the folders
Since, this was burned from my copy he can sometimes access my old saves. I can save on my copy perfectly but, he can't. We both have 1.6. He has Windows 7 and I'm running PJ64 with Wine on Ubuntu. Any more things I can check or should I download 1.7 for him?

I think it's simple as circle - Windows sometimes set read only attributes to all files copied from CD/DVD and doesn't care about attributes set when disc was written. Your friend need to check for r/o on PJ64 folders.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
When burned to a disc, all files and folders are read-only, and the attribute doesn't get removed if those files and folder are copied onto a hard disk as is.

This behavior should be obvious.

P.S. Why didn't you just give your friend the Project64 installer?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you put it on an USB memory stick, yes. If you put it on a non-rewritable disc media, no.