What's new

Initial D Naomi2 Card System

Azunyaan

Hi, just got the emulator and finally finished configuring it to play initial D (export).
Well, almost. Aside from being unsure as to how to configure the naomi controls (if possible), I got the game to boot. After the naomi2 screen, it says something along the lines of Card R/W system error. So has this feature been emulated? Or is there a special plugin or something that needs downloading?

Any help on the matter would be most appreciated.
I'm running dexmul x64 0.5.5

OP
A

Azunyaan

Alrighty I found it can be disabled in the test menu. You pick the game test option, then from memory it has an option to tweak the game's settings or I/o settings. there there's the Card R/W system, which can be switched off.

The game then happily starts, however the emulator hung at the sega logo but that's a different issue. Point is, it's sorta solved.

Still would be cool to have some kind of card editor application though... Entering your name and stuff. Just a cool thought however!

txus2002

Gear Button

Hi...

Thanks for this great emulator.....

In this game, Initail D...

I can configure the keyboard perfectly... but one button I can´t do it.

The Gear Button is iimposible to me configure it.

Anybody can do it?

Thanks.....

txus2002

Just I do it.

Finally, I DID IT.

The gear buttons are in the JOY 2 -- Digital --- UP & DOWN

Thansk to all...

Regards....

isamu

Wait a minute, Initial D? This game works in Demul? If so, which version of Initial D?

And what kind of framerates are you getting? Does it run at full speed?

txus2002

...in the actual version 0.5.6 you can play...

...but only the first stage in each level, cause then stop it.

...the framerates are good to play... and you must to choose de video plugin better to your computer.

Regards.

tarku

Hey Txus2002:

I was wondering how you configured your controls to work? The only thing I can get to work is the gear shifting, but no matter what option I select for anything else, nothing else works. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

txus2002

InitialD....CONTROLS:

STEERING JOY1 ANALOG1 left - right
ACCEL JOY1 ANALOG1 up
BRAKE JOY1 ANALOG1 down
VIEW JOY1 DIGITAL down
GEAR JOY2 DIGITAL up - down

See you soon.... Playing your game....

tarku

txus2002

Awesome thanks,

I was able to proceed past the first race on Myagi and Usui ( that are the only two I tried) Usui I did in time attack, and Myagi was in the story mode.

Sure graphically the game needs....work...

gpuoglv3 for my video. I noticed if you stuck multithreaded gpu on it was practically just white shells for models

The system I am running is a i7 930, 6 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ kingston hyper x, Win 7 64 bit, 2x GTX460 1GB sli. I might try installing this on my SSD to see if that firstly improves the loading speed after, but who knows when I will get to it.

I am going to do some more tests, and see what I can accomplish

MacLeod

Hi, how did you configure Naomi controls? Initial D (Rev. B) runs fine until the main menu, but I don't know how to configure the keyboard or the Logitech DFP.

Thanks!:)

Wade007

Press F3, then choose Game Test, the Card Reader: OFF. Reboot.

I had to use gpuDXv3 to even read the service menu. Not sure why. Could be my video card.

Anyway, go it to work. But it stops working after the initial race (which I won!!)... Odd.