What's new

controller truble "HuiJia USB GamePad"

waxxey

hi

i just installed mupen64plus from source and was hoping to use my "HuiJia USB GamePad" withe my two original N64 controllers. i am however having some difficulties getting it to work. only one of my N64 controllers will work at a time. mupen gives me this message when opening a ROM

"Input: N64 Controller #1: Using stored configuration with joystick 'HuiJia USB GamePad'
Input: N64 Controller #2: Disabled, SDL joystick is not available
Input: 1 controller(s) found, 1 plugged in and usable in the emulator
Input Warning: No rumble supported on N64 joystick #1
Input: Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin version 1.99.3 initialized.

i am certain both work. they where both "working" with mupen64plus 1.5
i have tried looking in "/usr/local/share/mupen64plus/InputAutoCfg.ini", but changing values there seems to have no effect.

can anyone help me ?

OP
W

waxxey

update

i figured out that ~/.config/mupen64plus/mupen64plus.cfg was causing me to lose one controller. if i delete the file i can use two controllers, but only for one game session. then i have to delete the file again. is there some way to configure the file correctly or maybe to keep it from rebuilding it self after every launch?

OP
W

waxxey

update

since i don't see the use of mupen64plus.cfg and its just annoying i now start every game with this command

cd ~/.config/mupen64plus && rm mupen64plus.cfg && cd && mupen64plus ~/"path to ROM"/ROM.z64

but if anyone could show me how to edit mupen64plus.cfg so i doesn't need to be deleted i would be happier :)

Richard42

Emulator Developer
Hello waxxey,

Are you running version 1.99.3 from the tarball on our google code site, or the latest code from the Hg repository?

OP
W

waxxey

i have now compiled from the Hg repository, but the problem persist and the solution is the same.