What's new

optisising

dr_rock

as anyone got system similar to mine, and can help me optimise N64 on it, I'm getting another 64mb or ram soon so that should help, but nemu only lets you set 8mb vram, I've got 64 to spare, how can I use more??

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
You cannot set more vram than the original N64 had (sounds logical to me), since games use up to 8 MB not more, but for proper emulation (with any EMU except UltaHLE) you need at least 128 MB of RAM and a faster CPU than yours !

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Well an AMD K-6 500Mhz should work fine with 1964 as long as it has 128MB RAM to work with. My P3 450Mhz works fine with that.

You've got a nice graphics card there. Practically identical to mine. Use either Jabo's Direct3D7 video plugin or the new 1964 OpenGL video plugin. Both work fast for me and fix problems that the other can't.

For sound, Azimer's 0.30 audio driver is by far the best for low-end systems. And make sure it's not the 'Rev 2.2' driver either. That goes way slow. If all else fails, use the No Sound driver. With just 64MB RAM, you may not be able to take sound.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
dr_rock said:
as anyone got system similar to mine, and can help me optimise N64 on it, I'm getting another 64mb or ram soon so that should help, but nemu only lets you set 8mb vram, I've got 64 to spare, how can I use more??
The 4 and 8 mb setting determines if the emulator should use expansion back or not, and has nothing to do with your memory in any case. It is releated to the emulation.

Expansion pack, does however, take more memory than without it.