What's new

Linux mumpen64plus turn off rumble?

ICANSEEYOU7687

I seem to have everything working. My only problem, is that when I push either up, or left on one of the joysticks, the controller rumbles (xbox 360)

and I even have the optiion for "rumble, memory pack, or none" set to none, and it still rumbles.

When I add the button for the switch to memory pack, it constantly rumbles, but only lighter, its really annoying.

Any suggestions?

OP
I

ICANSEEYOU7687

Well sure but I feel kinda silly....

Well basically I dunno why it did this, but for some reason with the button configuration I had, whenever I pulled the L trigger the Xbox360 controller would start to rumble and not stop.

I changed my configuration around and set L to be the z targeting in Legend of Zelda OOT. But this made me go into the Z targeting mode permentatly unless I pulled the L trigger and held it.

Then I realized that the triggers on the Xbox360 controllers are revers from normal buttons.

Where normally you push a button to complete a circuit. The triggers "circuits" are already complete, and pulling them causes it to "unpush a button"

so I just cant use those triggers, unless there is a way to set mupen to use that button in reverse.

Surkow

You can actually set them in reverse. The triggers are axis, not switches. Which version of Mupen64Plus are you using?

Last edited:
OP
I

ICANSEEYOU7687

V1.5 I believe. It has a gui and is from the synaptic package manager in ubuntu.

I tried installing the 1.99.3 ( i think thats right) and build it from the src, but when I go to the directory and type in "make" or "Make all" or ./install.sh or something it doesnt work lol